Positives please!!!

libertyschool

My family and I went on our first ever cruise on the Gem at the beginning of April and loved it! The ship was spotless, the service fantastic and as a positive experience we couldn't have asked for more!!!

As for visiting Universal I'm not sure the itinerary change will make much difference. We did the trip and arrived at the park at about 1.30pm and it was horrifically busy! It was the Easter holidays so expected some queues but in the 5 hours we spent there we each managed 3 rides (my DH took my son as he's a little older to some of the bigger rides and I stayed in Seuss landing with my 4 year old!) The wait time for Harry Potter was 2 1/2 hours!! I would think arriving at the park as early as possible would be an advantage so the changed itinerary will probably be better for that, also if you're dead set on going then maybe get the express passes which will speed thing up!

I'm sure you'll have a great time, I read far too many negative posts before I went and was really worried, all unfounded as it turned out. Different people have different expectations and different ways of dealing with things, I think positivity goes a long way to having an enjoyable time.

You will have a great time.

Consider signing up for the CC Meet & Greet, if one is set up for your cruise. It's usually the first day at sea. You'll meet the ship's officers (then you'll see them everywhere about the ship--very approachable and helpful) and fellow Cruise Critic members. Be sure to visit the It Girl Mermaid on the Bridge viewing deck, climb the rock wall, and have a drink for me! I'll do the same for you and your daughter in December.

I have signed up for the meet & greet and can't wait. I also plan on visiting the Gem it Mermaid (even though she seems a little creepy to me:eek:), we WILL climb the rock wall and I'll have a drink for you!! Thank you!! :D

As for visiting Universal I'm not sure the itinerary change will make much difference. We did the trip and arrived at the park at about 1.30pm and it was horrifically busy! It was the Easter holidays so expected some queues but in the 5 hours we spent there we each managed 3 rides (my DH took my son as he's a little older to some of the bigger rides and I stayed in Seuss landing with my 4 year old!) The wait time for Harry Potter was 2 1/2 hours!! I would think arriving at the park as early as possible would be an advantage so the changed itinerary will probably be better for that, also if you're dead set on going then maybe get the express passes which will speed thing up!

We are really only interested in the WWHP. As long as we can ride the Forbidden Journey and look around, try some butter beer and pick up a few souvenirs we'll be happy. I have specific orders from my 2 younger girls at home (A Hedwig Plushie, Hermione's wand and some chocolate frogs.) We do have express passes which will come in handy for other rides (I know it can't be used for Forbidden Journey) if we have time. I'll be sure to post a review when I return. I realize that we will only get a "taste" of Universal. I'd like to go back next year with the whole family as a seperate trip, especially now that our time is shortened.

You have to take all posts with a grain of salt. I sailed on the Jewel this past Feb with DD & GS the last time I sailed on NCl was 2003. DH did not like free style dining. I was bragging so much about the Jewel & all of the PH suite perks that I convinced DH to give it a try & we are booked on the GEM in a PH aft facing suite for Oct. Just enjoy your cruise you will have a great time

Archived