room service????

kat923

First time cruiser.... what is the menu like for breakfast? Can I call the night before for a 7am delivery and will it be on time? If I call in the am does it take long to get service? Is tipping expected?

There is a continental breakfast menu that you can hang out on your door before you go to bed at night. Just write what time you would like it to be delivered and it will be there.

I always tip $3.00 when I have room service delivered. It is customary to tip for room service

It's a continental breakfast, cereals, pastries, fruit, bagels, etc. There should be a hanger on your door or in your cabin that you can fill out the night before and leave outside on your door handle. It will be picked up and your order delivered at the time you specify. Or you can call the morning you want it. Time varies - could be 10 minutes, could be longer. Yes, tipping is customary - a couple of dollars if the order is for two, more if its for more. A nice treat! Enjoy your cruise!!

No oatmeal on the RS menu. I'm sure someone will post the zydecocruiser link to the door hanger breakfast card as well as the regular RS menu here. A lot of folks say they get the blt off the regular RS menu for breakfast...

I love the pastries & muffins, always very fresh!

The room service breakfast menu is limited to continental breakfast items. muffins, bagels, pastries, cold cereal, juice, coffee, milk - that sort of thing.

If you just want a light breakfast - it's fine. To me, the breakfast in the main dining room is the best place for breakfast with made to order eggs and french toast. Nothing fancy, but what they did was good.

I usually tip 2$,

If you dont qant to brig a lot of 1$ like me, just sign the paper and write 2$ tip + initials. The 2$ will appear on you S and S.

we always order fruit and coffee from the RS menu; fill out the card and hang it on the door the night before. We use it as our "wake up call" then get up, get ready for the day and head to the DR for a full breakfast. Gee, no wonder I gained 5lbs on this last cruise! :o

I noticed smoked salmon. Is this really true??? I know dh will be real happy. I had heard that it was available on the mdr but not room service. I guess print doesn't lie unless they've changed it.

Yes, the salmon (lox) is available on the menu to hang out at night. DH orders it everyday!

No oatmeal on the RS menu. I'm sure someone will post the zydecocruiser link to the door hanger breakfast card as well as the regular RS menu here. A lot of folks say they get the blt off the regular RS menu for breakfast...

I love the pastries & muffins, always very fresh!

What types of pastries and muffins? I don't see what type on the menu posted , thank you:)

What types of pastries and muffins? I don't see what type on the menu posted , thank you:)

They have the usual assortment of danish with the dot of fruit filling in the center, also maybe the cheese danish if I recall. They have a nice assortment of mini muffins too, a carrot spice type of muffin, bran, orange, blueberry. I have tried writing in what kind I want (usually whatever I had the day before and thought it was YUM, lol) but it rarely works, I have found you get the luck of the draw.

They have the usual assortment of danish with the dot of fruit filling in the center, also maybe the cheese danish if I recall. They have a nice assortment of mini muffins too, a carrot spice type of muffin, bran, orange, blueberry. I have tried writing in what kind I want (usually whatever I had the day before and thought it was YUM, lol) but it rarely works, I have found you get the luck of the draw.

Thanks. I'm going to get the muffins for sure. :)

Yes, the salmon (lox) is available on the menu to hang out at night. DH orders it everyday!

I get the smoked salmon with a begal.

Omg. Thank you. My dh will be in lox heaven with his bagel and cream cheese every morning. This applies to all ships, right? Including the Legend. Just don't want to mislead him come cruise time in less than 3 wks.

Omg. Thank you. My dh will be in lox heaven with his bagel and cream cheese every morning. This applies to all ships, right? Including the Legend. Just don't want to mislead him come cruise time in less than 3 wks.

Yes.

Oatmeal is available on Lido, and you can always throw a robe on and get some to bring back to the cabin. and bacon and sausage! :)

Yes, they've had the lox & cream cheese on the room service menu on every ship we've been on. My husband also orders it every morning. Enjoy!

Archived