Vodka infused gummy bears

cschultz

:D really I dont think they will taste your gummy bears. If you want them, take them. my sister took candy in her suitcase, like bags of red licorice straws and other types of her favorite candy she just couldnt live without for a week. hahahah.

:D really I dont think they will taste your gummy bears. If you want them, take them. my sister took candy in her suitcase, like bags of red licorice straws and other types of her favorite candy she just couldnt live without for a week. hahahah.

LOL...it was Little Debbie cakes and Milky Ways - for MY sister! ;) :D

Could you bring these on board, or will they be confiscated? I had some of these at a party recently, and they were really good. I don't know if they would be worth the trouble or not.

If you are going to do it - make sure they are in your suitcase - and not your carry on. Since anyone who is familiar with "gummy bears" would probably notice that the vodka ones look "different". ;)

Okay..how do you make vodka-infused gummy bears?

You just put a bag of gummy bears in a bowl or jar and add the liquor to cover the candy and let them soak. They need to set for several hours to absorb all the liquid.

Okay..how do you make vodka-infused gummy bears?

Pretty much just soak them. Can use rum too I hear.

But you do have to be careful....there is a fine line between "suitably soaked" (when they still have their shape) and a gummy jelly mess :eek:

Lots of "recipes" out on Google ;) :D

You just put a bag of gummy bears in a bowl or jar and add the liquor to cover the candy and let them soak. They need to set for several hours to absorb all the liquid.

Thanks for the tip - I am SO going to try this! :D

Thanks for the tip - I am SO going to try this! :D

Not good for a cruise but another way to create candy like vodka is to add jolly ranchers to a bottle and let it soak overnight. Then you get cherry, grape etc flavored vodka.

Pinnacle makes all kinds of flavored vodkas including Gummy..... and it's SOOOOO good! :D They even had swedish fish flavored, but discontinued it! :mad:

http://www.pinnaclevodka.com/flavors

OP, I'd try bringing them on, bet they wouldn't even give them a second look!

The best is to make your own,its really easy .Ever try skittles vodka or jolly rancher vodka

Ack!!! Don't give away valuable secrets like this, before you know it we'll all be required to leave candy on the dock for fear of inebriated sweets! LOL

I'm sure the cruise lines are very thankful that we're so eager to share all the deceptive ways booze gets on board. :P

That being said, I have to wonder how easy it is to get drunk on said gummy bears? How many would you have to eat? Someone with experience care to comment?

I carry gummy bears on board with me every time I cruise, and I've never been questioned about it. I always have two or three bags dumped into a zip-top bag in my carry on. I've never even been asked about them (or anything else in my carry on).

I carry gummy bears on board with me every time I cruise, and I've never been questioned about it. I always have two or three bags dumped into a zip-top bag in my carry on. I've never even been asked about them (or anything else in my carry on).

My sis also did this with no problem.

I also make rum raisins to add to the vanilla ice cream. Put raisins in a jar. Add rum to just cover the raisins. Shake once a day for a few days.

Dont these have to be frozen... and if they are not, arent they just a gooey mess in your bag??

Never had them that have been frozen.

But they can get too gooey - if they stay in the vodka/rum/tequila too long. That's the "fine line" I mentioned earlier ;) they can just beome a sticky blob rather individual bears (worms or whatever) :cool:

Could you bring these on board, or will they be confiscated? I had some of these at a party recently, and they were really good. I don't know if they would be worth the trouble or not.

Good Evening

Get the Black ones fill with Cherry Vodka

this was what I was thinking .Gummy bears are a sticky little mess without more liquids being added

I stated mine 5 days before our cruise. By the last day of our 9 day cruise they were sticky but fully infused. Probably take along time for these to turn bad.

Others did skittle infused vodka. Those have to be strained.

Ack!!! Don't give away valuable secrets like this, before you know it we'll all be required to leave candy on the dock for fear of inebriated sweets! LOL

I'm sure the cruise lines are very thankful that we're so eager to share all the deceptive ways booze gets on board. :P

That being said, I have to wonder how easy it is to get drunk on said gummy bears? How many would you have to eat? Someone with experience care to comment?

I made these and ate an entire container full and didn't get so much as a buzz :(. I imagine you would get sick from all the candy before you felt any "results". My theory is too much alcohol evaporates to make them potent.

I stated mine 5 days before our cruise. By the last day of our 9 day cruise they were sticky but fully infused. Probably take along time for these to turn bad.

Others did skittle infused vodka. Those have to be strained.

I have made skittle vodka and it does need to be strained ,It has a wax base.

The jolly rancher vodka is eay to make ,they dissolve in a day or so depending on how many you use

Archived