Airfare Question

dcreech1966

We are going on the Liberty in June and purchased the air with the cruise. Now, I am regretting it since I've heard so many people talk about NOT flying in on the same day. If I understand this, we would lose $300 by canceling the airfare. Do you think it is worth it to cancel the air?? Is that all I will lose?

We are going on the Liberty in June and purchased the air with the cruise. Now, I am regretting it since I've heard so many people talk about NOT flying in on the same day. If I understand this, we would lose $300 by canceling the airfare. Do you think it is worth it to cancel the air?? Is that all I will lose?

I would definitely NOT cancel. As the other poster said...they are responsible for getting you to the ship. (and they will).

Next time you cruise and you need to fly to the port. Fly in the day before, book a hotel room closest to the port. Soooo stress free and nice. You can tour the city you are in. Also, airline tickets are ALWAYS cheaper when you book it yourself. There are so many cheap websites (I use ALL of the time) You can even get coupon codes and apply them.

Just chalk it up to live and learn. Next time you will know. Don't worry about it this time around....just have an awesome time and come back and tell us all about it.

Our first port is Half Moon Cay. How would they get us there??

OMG..HOW CUTE. This is your first PORT. NOT where you are flying into. Do you not know what airport you are going to? Is it Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Port Canavaral?

I am unsure of the rules regarding canceling airfare, however, each situation is different. On our last cruise we purchased air through Carnival and had no problems with scheduling or flight connections. We flew from Louisville, Ky to Jacksonville, Florida. Difference in cost at that time was approximately $55.00 per person. We are leaving this Saturday for a cruise with air purchased through Carnival. Again, cost difference is about $60.00 per person. We are unable to fly the day before because of husbands work schedule. Weigh your options, do you have your flight information for your cruise? Carnival has always been very helpful to us with any questions we had regarding our cruise/air. Enjoy your vacation...

OMG..HOW CUTE. This is your first PORT. NOT where you are flying into. Do you not know what airport you are going to? Is it Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Port Canavaral?

They stated their first PORT was HMC - they also said they were sailing the Liberty, so that would be Miami. OMG... HOW CUTE! :confused:

OP: For future cruises, I would suggest making your own airline reservations, but this time I would just stick with what you've got and chalk it up to a lesson learned. If you happen to miss the ship, they will have to get you there some way, some how. Let's just hope that doesn't happen!

Enjoy your cruise!

They stated their first PORT was HMC - they also said they were sailing the Liberty, so that would be Miami. OMG... HOW CUTE! :confused:

OP: For future cruises, I would suggest making your own airline reservations, but this time I would just stick with what you've got and chalk it up to a lesson learned. If you happen to miss the ship, they will have to get you there some way, some how. Let's just hope that doesn't happen!

Enjoy your cruise!

I didn't understand the "How Cute" comment either. Just trying to get an answer.

The cruise leaves from Miami and the first port we go to is Half Moon Cay.

Okay..good. The shuttle bus stands are by the front doors after you pick up your luggage. Check in at the stand. They will tell you where to wait for the buses and they will take you to the port. (I think it is about a 20 minute ride).

GET ON THE SHIP AND HAVE AN AWESOME TIME. Half Moon Cay is AMAZING...Please have a Margarita for me.;)

I didn't understand the "How Cute" comment either. Just trying to get an answer.

I didn't understand it either--I guess she thought you thought your cruise started at HMC, but I don't get the "how cute" comment.

I definitely wouldn't cancel since you booked your air through Carnival they should help you if there are any delays--that wasn't our experience the one time we booked through them, but I've read other people's reports that they did.

As others have said, it's good to fly in a day early if you can. Starts your vacation off stree-free. :D

Have a wonderful vacation!

Our first port is Half Moon Cay. How would they get us there??

REALLY??????

No one understands why I said "how cute"

Really??????

Did you not see what she/he wrote???

Read the quote above. Really? "how would they get us there"

You all act like I was mean or something. I thought it was cute. You even blast people when they think something is CUTE????

Take a vacation folks.

REALLY??????

Really??????

You all act like I was mean or something. I thought it was cute. You even blast people when they think something is CUTE????

Take a vacation folks.

Yes, I see what he wrote, but I don't understand the cute comment. I didn't see anyone "blast" you for it. He's asking how they would get to HMC if their flight got in too late to make the ship...

You corrected him that HMC is his first PORT, which is exactly what he said it was and then you asked a question (Do you not know what airport you're flying into?) that came across as condescending.

Yes, I see what he wrote, but I don't understand the cute comment. I didn't see anyone "blast" you for it. He's asking how they would get to HMC if their flight got in too late to make the ship...

You corrected him that HMC is his first PORT, which is exactly what he said it was and then you asked a question (Do you not know what airport you're flying into?) that came across as condescending.

I wish this board had a like button!

REALLY??????

Really??????

Take a vacation folks.

I don't think you understood what the OP was saying. We all understood the OP was asking how Carnival would get them to HMC in the event their flight did not get them to the point of embarkation on time.

That would really be awful!!! After HMC, we have a day at sea and then arrive at St. Thomas. So, I guess we would lose 2 days of the cruise. Has this happened to anyone?? Now I'm thinking it would be worth it to cancel the airfare from Carnival and get my own.

Most likely, you'll arrive in time. I've always flown in the day of the cruise except when I flew across country to Hawaii. In that case, I flew in the day before. Obviously it's safer to fly the day before, but since it's already booked, you'll probably be fine.

If she missed the ship, she is asking how Carnival would get her to HMC since they would be responsible.

Archived