Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

We always decorate our door. On occasion, when our cabin was right off the elevator, we have had people tell us that by seeing our decoration they knew right away if they were either on the side they should be or needed to turn away and head to the opposite hallway.

Here is one of our door decorations -

homeawayfromhome.jpg

And here is one that we would have used if we didn't have to cancel, due to medical reasons, Carnival's Magic inaugural cruise out of Galveston.

securedownload.jpg

Hi

I printed off the Cruise Critic Poster off this site and will put that up on our Door. My hope is that the Cruise Line will identify us as CC members and this might encourage better service (which will turn over into more positive comments on the CC site about the sailing which could, over time, generate business for them).

Dell

I personally don't do this because I don't think there is a stitch of extra room in my suitcases-however I am known to stop when wandering from one place to another on the ship to stop and admire them. Some of you are so creative!!!

These are really beautiful and Cute Samples!!!! Another PLUS to having something on the door just came to me. While I do feel that the artwork should be simple and tasteful - I feel that a bit of artwork of some sort on a door (remember - statistically - there will be many many doors with no artwork)..... is that the artwork becomes an identifier for some younger children to know exactly which is their door and for some individuals who experience some level of confusion and its a great identifier for those travelling as a group - you know which of your party is in which cabin if there are 3+ cabins in the booking.

I bought some inexpensive island themed cutouts to put on the door. I decided to go ahead and use them not so I could identify my door, but so that others could tell that wasn't their door if they happen to be overly tired or had to much to drink, etc. I've read some weird stories here on CC about people trying to get into the wrong room. :eek:

Edited by Gemynii

To each their own. I try not to be snarky about what it is that others like about cruising... whether that be gambling, drinking, smoking, soaking up sunshine, exploring ports, playing bingo, going to the art auction, etc. I'm sure the Guidry sisters are proud of their name and see no harm putting it up once the ship leaves the port. I guess they don't have stalkers:D But their door sure is cute.

Not everybody is going to decorate their door. It's an innocent pleasure. So the chances of the corridors becoming an exercise in grade school creativity are few and far between. But, I'm doing it and I don't even put bumper stickers on my car. Passing judgment on other people's innocent pleasures is BAD karma.

We just got off Disney's Fantasy two weeks ago and we had our doors fabulously decorated with great magnets! I am hoping that the doors on the Glory are magnetic! I thought about bringing our FE too! The whole family isn't going on the Glory (just my daughter, 18, and me) so I feel guilty taking the FE. We will definitely be decorating our door this time though!! It's a graduation cruise for nine senior girls and three moms!!!

Newbie here - what is an FE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always decorate our door. It's never anything elaborate but it makes me smile and it also helps me find my cabin after one too many big girl drinks!

Here are a few of mine:

25121_1347271314437_1010932446_31032597_2433994_n.jpg40thBday%2520038.jpg

These are great! I will definitely be decorating our door. Two first time cruisers and a 50th birthday. And I know we'll be having quite a few big girl drinks so any help finding our room will be very helpful. :)

Does anyone know if the cabin doors on freedom are metal?

So far I have to "canadian" buttons, a "birthday girl" ribbon, still need a "50th" birthday decoration

AND

still need 30th anniversary decoration.

I found a picture of Tarzan swinging on a vine doing his scream and one of Jane with her hands up his loin cloth swinging from there and wrote over top "still hanging after 30 years"

Too racy? Opinions on that please.

Not racy at all. I wouldn't be offended one little bit.

I'm not a stick in the mud :p I was just offering my opinion. Can you imagine what the hallways would look like if every single person decorated it with tacky pictures and clipart...it would look like a kindergarten school...........aggggghhh .. there goes the ambiance. :eek:

Ambiance...on Carnival?? Then again, Carnival is the FUN ship! If everyone decorated their doors it would not bother me in the least! I say go for it!!!

To each their own. I try not to be snarky about what it is that others like about cruising... whether that be gambling, drinking, smoking, soaking up sunshine, exploring ports, playing bingo, going to the art auction, etc. I'm sure the Guidry sisters are proud of their name and see no harm putting it up once the ship leaves the port. I guess they don't have stalkers:D But their door sure is cute.

Not everybody is going to decorate their door. It's an innocent pleasure. So the chances of the corridors becoming an exercise in grade school creativity are few and far between. But, I'm doing it and I don't even put bumper stickers on my car. Passing judgment on other people's innocent pleasures is BAD karma.

Thank you. The reason why we put our names on our posters is to prevent anyone from "stealing" our decorations as they have done in the past when our names were not on them.

I buy a cheap $1store flag that has an appropriate theme (beach, palm tree, or etc) and put it next to the door. Fun, and lets us know we are home in that big long hallway.

We have some large fish that we attach to the frame of the door so it sticks out. we usually always get a room near the elevators and it is quite nice to turn the corner and see we are home. Many people have thanked us because they know they are getting close to their cabin too.

dot

These are great! I will definitely be decorating our door. Two first time cruisers and a 50th birthday. And I know we'll be having quite a few big girl drinks so any help finding our room will be very helpful. :)

Thanks! SUPER easy and pack flat in bottom of suitcase. I bring magnetic tape and poster tack putty so I can hang on wood or metal doors.

I too am celebrating my 50th (although it was last year when I was in university Full Time) and am celebrating my graduation of this year. You go ahead and have as many of those 'big girl drinks' as you like - I'm sure you'll see me close by! Bon Voyage!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have yet to decorate our door on vacation. That being said we are cruising with our DD (4) this August and I plan on making a door decoration with her. I think we will have fun and to help her identify our room (just in case :eek:). I have seen some great decor in the past, just have never taken the time to do one. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I have seen things, events, people WAY tackier than a door decoration on Carnival :rolleyes:. Judge not less you be judged...people in glass houses etc. If you don't like it, DON'T do it! It's a vacation...have a DOD and chill!!!! IMO!!! :)

An FE is a Disney term that stands for Fish Extender. On the Disney ships you have a fish (or now some other aquatic animals on the newer ships) where the staff will leave you information-papers, etc. I'm sure Carnival has them too-like mailboxes. On Disney they have a sign up where you agree to exchange small gifts with each other and those go in the fish extenders so that you aren't using the cruise lines "mailboxes". It's a really fun tradition. Every time we would return to our room my boys would run to check to see what little gift we had in there. It was like Christmas every day. :) They do a LOT of door decoration on Disney and I love it. I plan on decorating our door for our first Carnival cruise. :)

Here was our door from our Disney cruise-

Vacation2011174AB.jpg?t=1341952226

Does anyone know f the doors on the Triumph are metal or something else?..

We have a Family cruise celebrating my Dad's 90th birthday and even though he can find his own room I would love to decorate his door.

Thank you

on our past 2 cruise we have just placed a garden sign "huskers" on our door. It helps us find our room alot quicker. We will probably do this again. We put a wooden dowel thru it and hang it with yarn and tape it on the inside of the door. Never had anyone mess with it.

An FE is a Disney term that stands for Fish Extender. On the Disney ships you have a fish (or now some other aquatic animals on the newer ships) where the staff will leave you information-papers, etc. I'm sure Carnival has them too-like mailboxes. On Disney they have a sign up where you agree to exchange small gifts with each other and those go in the fish extenders so that you aren't using the cruise lines "mailboxes". It's a really fun tradition. Every time we would return to our room my boys would run to check to see what little gift we had in there. It was like Christmas every day. :) They do a LOT of door decoration on Disney and I love it. I plan on decorating our door for our first Carnival cruise. :)

Here was our door from our Disney cruise-

Vacation2011174AB.jpg?t=1341952226

Thank you for the explanation. :)

Hi,

I didn't do much decorating when we were on the Dream in March. All I had were mardi gras beads, so i just draped them thru the holes on the bottom of the mailbox. We'll be on the Splendor next month and plan to decorate. Does anybody know if the doors are metal? tacky stuff or magnets?