Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

To each their own. I try not to be snarky about what it is that others like about cruising... whether that be gambling, drinking, smoking, soaking up sunshine, exploring ports, playing bingo, going to the art auction, etc. I'm sure the Guidry sisters are proud of their name and see no harm putting it up once the ship leaves the port. I guess they don't have stalkers:D But their door sure is cute.

Not everybody is going to decorate their door. It's an innocent pleasure. So the chances of the corridors becoming an exercise in grade school creativity are few and far between. But, I'm doing it and I don't even put bumper stickers on my car. Passing judgment on other people's innocent pleasures is BAD karma.

I agree. Decorate, sister!

i've never decorated our door. I'm able to read the cabin number, don't have children, am not yet so senile i can't find the floor/cabin, so don't see the reason to spend vacation time doing it.

wellll....party pooper! Now we know why your name is "uppity"

• 1 month later...

yes the doors on the Liberty are metal. We sailed on the Liberty in May for my 50th birthday. My kids put a happy 50th decoration on our door with a note and a pen asking people to sign. I know have a woderful keepsake with signatures from all over. One is from New Zealand. I plan on doing the same for my daughter's graduation cruise next year.

We always decorate our door and the only time we've had anything "taken" was during spring break. Last year, our door received so many comments and I never got a picture of it. We did a Destiny Bucket List with pictures of things we had done, such as been on a game show, me on the 60 seconds or less game show from a previous cruise, and we had notecards with things we wanted to do, such as, put my toes in the sand in Half Moon Cay. When we would complete something on the to do notecards, we would make a big check mark. The to-do notecard that received the most comments, was "receive a kiss on the lips"...I received a Kiss on the Lips drink from someone one night at dinner that had seen our door. Also, a man asked me if he could give me my first kiss!:eek:

I explained to him it was a drink but thanked him for the offer. lol

It seemed every time we opened our door, someone would be reading our door. It was a lot of fun and I plan on doing something similar in Sept

I'd never even heard of door decorating until about 4 yrs. ago on the Glory. The CD at that time announced a decorating contest and our neighbors -3 teenage girls and their mom, did a great job decorating their door. We really wanted to but didn't have anything available. Our neighbors won a ship on a stick and some other goodies and they were so excited. This upcoming cruise on the Pride we will bring a few door decorations. I've been on 5 cruises since that one on the Glory and have never heard or seen anything about a contest again.

I loved all the photos of the decorated doors !

For our son's FIRST cruise we got a banner. It said " Our son's First Cruise and First July 4 on the Carnival Glory"

My wife ordered it off a website. I don't think it was too expensive.

that was out first and only banner we ever did.

I have been planning on decorating my door for a long time and I'm starting my poster this week. I bought posterboard but it's the hard board kind. I thought that would pack better, flat in the bottom of my suitcase. But now I'm thinking maybe I should use the paper posterboard and roll that in a shipping tube for packing. Any thoughts?

Since we are sailing in December, I will go to Vistaprint and make up a magnetic small car sign just to let the elves know where we are. Course we may have to add a tree and some ornaments just to jazz up the door.

For our Victory cruise in October, I am planning on decorating the doors in our group. We have 3 rooms on one deck and a fourth on another floor.

I have never done it before but I love seeing what people come up with. I am not doing it because I can't find our room. I'm doing it because its vacation and we are supposed to be having fun. It's quirky, unique and just starts our trip off on a good note.

I have started putting some stuff together--easy to pack and light in weight since I have so much other stuff to pack. Last night I found rolls of dry erase sheets that I plan to use as the foundation on the doors. I'm making personalized signs for each door.

For those of you who have cruised a lot (and that's most people here, right?), do you decorate your door and/or see a lot of doors that have been decorated?

I've only been on one cruise so far (another booked in 400+ days!) and don't recall seeing any doors that were decorated.

We decorate our door on Holiday cruises; it adds to the flavor!

I have been planning on decorating my door for a long time and I'm starting my poster this week. I bought posterboard but it's the hard board kind. I thought that would pack better, flat in the bottom of my suitcase. But now I'm thinking maybe I should use the paper posterboard and roll that in a shipping tube for packing. Any thoughts?

Go to the "Party Store" you'll get great ideas & light weight easy to pack things. Been there, did that!

On my first & only cruise we put a mini Bahamian flag on our door. Since we're from the Bahamas.

I did that on one my my cruises as well!! :D We're from Canada so I put a Canadian flag on our cabin door!! :D