Anyone just off the Splendour?

I realize the Splendour just crossed the Atlantic to spend the summer in Europe. Anyone have any reviews or pictures? I am very interested to see what she looks like (especially the new balcony cabins). I've seen the few posts online but looking for more as I am sailing in November.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, just got off the Splendor on Saturday. We had an aft cabin on deck 7. Liked it a lot (we like almost all the afts) The cabin did not look particularly new except for the flat screen TV. TV is nice, but we are used to being able to access our account, book excursions and other things, but we were unable to do this from the new TV. I assume since iPads are coming to all the ships soon, the TV now no longer has this function. Also because of the new electrical outlet for the TV, the fridge no longer fits in it's little cabinet, the door won't shut and it's kind of annoying. (at first I thought this was only in our cabin, but my parents down the hall was exactly the same way)

The mattress seemed new, very firm and supportive. Brand new loungers and furniture on the balcony. Nice, with firm mesh covering, no vinyl straps like the loungers by the pool. (oh, and we had full size loungers on our aft balcony - no need to ask for them)

We did eat at Chops twice on our 6 night cruise. Service and food fantastic as always. It's up in the Viking Crown lounge area, so it's a very nice venue with a great view of the sea. Very good decor as well.

I am still traveling through Italy and will not get a chance to post pictures until I get back home in about a week. I'm not sure how many cabin pictures I took, but I did get a shot or two of the balcony.

Izzy - would you be able to tell me if Joao is still the Cruise director?

No, some guy named Bill or something..... I usually don't pay any attention to CD's unless they are outstanding, and this guy wasn't.

• 1 month later...

Archived