Celebrity eclipse feb 2013

jackdec

WE ARE LOOKING TO BOOK A CABIN ON DECK 9 AND ARE LOOKING AT 9205 OR 9198 BALCONY. WE ASK FOR HELP IN PICKING A GOOD ROOM. IS THERE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IN DECK 9 COMPARED TO DECK 11. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP.:confused::confused::confused:

Deck 11 is mostly AQ and Suites, so more expensive than Deck 9 by quite a bit, worth it to me though as you get to eat in Blu:-)

To me, both cabins listed will have some limited view down the side of the ship- aft on 9205 and forward on 9198 due to slanted rooms next to each. I would rather be on the Hump more aft of 9205 or a few cabins forward of 9198 myself within same Cat. For a little more you could go with a Cabin on the Slanted section of Hump, one Cat. up 1A from 1B.

Deck 11 is mostly AQ and Suites, so more expensive than Deck 9 by quite a bit, worth it to me though as you get to eat in Blu:-)

Thanks for the info. Problem is that they seem to have no rooms left in mid ship on deck 9 and these 2 are the only ones close to the lifts. just wonder do they offer other rooms closer to the cruise ?

Are these 2 rooms sheltered by the slant. The Hub rooms must be alot more expensive, or are they boked first ?

;):confused::confused:

Declan

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD QUALITY HOTEL AT GOOD PRICE FOR 2 NIGHTS IN FEB 2013 . ANY HELP FROM PAST CRUISERS :confused::confused::confused:

We used Price Line and booked a 4 star hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach Area. We ended up getting the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $90. GREAT DEAL!!!

Etta

Thanks for the info. Problem is that they seem to have no rooms left in mid ship on deck 9 and these 2 are the only ones close to the lifts. just wonder do they offer other rooms closer to the cruise ?

Are these 2 rooms sheltered by the slant. The Hub rooms must be alot more expensive, or are they boked first ?

;):confused::confused:

Declan

Hi Declan,

The 14 night southern Caribbean cruises are very popular with many many repeat cruisers.

Lots of folks me included booked whilst sailing last February there are likely to be no price drops and theses sailings usually sell out.

Hello ETTA. Thaks for the info. How do we use Price Line, I have never heard of it , but that maybe because we are from Ireland. Do you bid on rooms or do you just call them up.

:confused::confused::confused:

We used Price Line and booked a 4 star hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach Area. We ended up getting the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $90. GREAT DEAL!!!

Etta

Hello ETTA. Thaks for the info. How do we use Price Line, I have never heard of it , but that maybe because we are from Ireland. Do you bid on rooms or do you just call them up.

:confused::confused::confused:

Before telling you about Priceline.com, are you booking the February 9th cruise? If so, we have a very active roll-call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1402837&highlight=february. Jump over there, and introduce yourself. I will then add you to the roll-call which I update every week or so.

If you are on the February 23rd cruise, their roll call is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1405392&page=8

Now to Priceline, www.priceline.com. Yes, you pick a price and bid on a room. You have to pay up front and if you get a room at that price you are charged and can't cancel.

For most folks taking cruises out of FLL, they pick the Fort Lauderdale Beach area. In my case, I often rent a car and tour the area, so I don't stay in this area. This year we are hoping to get down to the Everglades.

Anyway...I always start with www.hotwire.com, which is another discount site but gives definate prices. I see what hotwire is asking for the rooms, and then go to priceline and bid lower. Usually I save another 10 - 20 % by doing this.

I've never had a bad hotel with priceline as long as I pick something 3 star or better.

Most hotels in the FLL beach area charge for parking, and it is very expensive, often $25+ per day, so, when renting a car, I don't stay in that area.

Good Luck and, if you are on the February 9th Cruise, see you on the roll call thread!

John

On your question on cabins, personally I'd prefer 9205 from the 2 choices you gave. First of all, I like seeing where I am going, so there's a slightly better view of that.

Second, and more important to me, 9205 is near the rear elevators. They go up a lot closer to the Oceanview Cafe. Often in the morning I don't want to wait for room service to bring me my first cup of coffee, so I go up and grab it from there. Often I carry 2 cups back and it is closer this way.

Archived