Fascination Suites - Is it worth it?

kmflutist

We're about to book a cruise on the Fascination and since it's such a budget-friendly cruise, I have the option of booking a junior suite. I'm just wondering if anyone has anything to share that I may not have thought of (either for or against booking a junior suite).

I know that the balconies are pretty tiny -- that doesn't bother me as long as we have a balcony.

I like the idea of VIP check-in.

Not sure how I feel about being so high up and forward. I don't get seasick but get a little nervous when there's a lot of movement.

I also have read that the junior suites on the fantasy class are about the same size as a standard balcony cabin on a larger ship.

I guess what I'm wondering, is if you could book a junior suite on a fantasy class ship, would you? (They are "Fantasy-Class" ships... right?) :)

THANKS!

I'm just wondering if anyone has anything to share that I may not have thought of (either for or against booking a junior suite).

We've twice stayed in what were then called Verandah Suites on Fantasy Class ships, and once on the Jubilee. It has been awhile, but I loved the location. I don't get seasick either, but I don't remember the movement being any worse up there, than any other place we've stayed.

Kevin C

Is it worth is for the Junior Suite, no. If you are considering doing a suite on that ship go for the Grand Suite (major difference from normal rooms). The Junior Suite is only 35 sq ft larger than the Ocean View/Interiors. The main difference is you now have a balcony. If you do go for it, make sure it isnt obstructed.

Thanks for the input! I was really torn because the standard balcony cabins on that ship have larger balconies and you can get mid-ship. I was trying to choose between that (+the savings) and the VIP embarkation and slightly larger stateroom. Sounds like I should save some money and go with a standard balcony. The Grand Suite would put us over budget. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input! I was really torn because the standard balcony cabins on that ship have larger balconies and you can get mid-ship. I was trying to choose between that (+the savings) and the VIP embarkation and slightly larger stateroom. Sounds like I should save some money and go with a standard balcony. The Grand Suite would put us over budget. :rolleyes:

If you get there early enough the embarkation isn't really a perk. Last time we were called at the same time as the first VIP group was called.

We normally either have an Ocean Suite or Balcony when we cruise. The Jr. Suites on the Fascination are not worth the extra $$ in my opinion. The balconies are small and you can see the balconies from below and the last time we had one we could see in the bridge from ours. The kids had an inside room across from ours and we thought they got the better bargain!! Now that the ship has regular balconies we are booking those. In fact we are on a b2b in Oct on her! If you are looking for VIP you will have to book a suite. We are platinum so it never counts as a consideration in our plans.

Archived