What do I need...Fantasia

joe6666

The wife and I are thinking about a 7 day on Fantasia in mid July.

Western Med. starting from Naples then various Med ports and back to Naples.

I'm asking.... Am I going to have trouble communicating since we are English only?

And is my US passport going to be all I need? No Visas?

It depends were you're headed to. Only certain countries require an entry visa...like Russia. Before we entered tunisia they gave us cards to complete with our names and how long we're planning to stay but we just gave them to customs together with our passports that's all.

You will find menus, daily programmes are available in English. Staff will speak it to a greater or lesser degree.

You need to be prepared that as an English speaking passenger, you are going to be in a small minority. You will need to decide for yourself how important it is that you can speak the same language as other passengers is to you. There are sometimes problems with shore excursions as they don't meet the minimum numbers to run all tours. When this happens, they will either cancel the tour or combine with another language.

Don't expect things to be like they are on an American ship. They are catering for the Italian Market primRily. So no iced tea or stand up comedians. Meal times will be later than you are used to. That said if you want a truly European experience onboard as well as ashore, you may well enjoy it. It's certainly a gorgeous ship

You will be fine with passports (us or canadian) We have done this cruise before. Also you will be able to communicate and understand, however you should be prepared that the majority of passengers will not speak english.

It did not bother us one bit last year... Actually it was one of the best cruises we had ever been on...

Enjoy!

Happy Travels.... Wendy:)

Archived