advice on booking

I have been looking at Caribbean cruises for next year I can't seem to find 13 or 14nt ones so would it be best to do b2b.Also would you book your own flights separately or book them through royal Caribbean. If it is possible to book your own who would you book them through in the UK and I suppose flight times have got to be right with cruise times etc. Just confused how to go about it all.

Thankyou

I have been looking at Caribbean cruises for next year I can't seem to find 13 or 14nt ones so would it be best to do b2b.Also would you book your own flights separately or book them through royal Caribbean. If it is possible to book your own who would you book them through in the UK and I suppose flight times have got to be right with cruise times etc. Just confused how to go about it all.

Thankyou

I have never been on a Caribbean cruise so I cannot say about the B2B idea, though I think you can book on some ships that alternate their itinerary so it might be possible.

What you have to do is start to get quotes, go to a high street travel agent for a quote for the cruise and then for cruise+ air fare.

Look on the internet to get flight quotes. You may want to look at several airports because prices can be different.

Go to the RCL website and see what they would charge you for the cruise and the cruise+ flight.

You will start to get an idea of what is available and what you are likely to have to pay.

If you are booking flight and cruise separately you have to make sure that you have a good margin of error in case the flight is delayed. You really need to be flying in at least the day before. Longer would allow you to adjust to the time difference and so enjoy the cruise more.

I recently looked into ways of booking the cruise via a US website, I was told some UK based cruisers do this. I could not get a travel agent to book for me. I would have saved. It is an avenue that you might like to try.

Once you start doing dummy bookings and comparing airfare - then getting your reviews of the ships, finding ports that appeal to you it will all seem less confusing. The 'where do I start' feeling will start to go away.

Welcome to CC, I am not in the UK, since your not seeing longer cruises, try and look for two with differant itineraries for the Caribbean. If you had to, you could get off one ship then board another that sameday, although it would be nice to stay on the same ship, go out and see differant ports on the 2nd cruise. You can book your own flights, depending on what kind of prices you can get. Check differant cruise lines and ships offering the itineraries and see which one appeals to you on price & itinerary. Look over the differant ships doing the cruise, check out the Deck plans for a room and location you like. You will get varing views on best location, if it is your first cruise, I would go mid ship first, depending on the deck you like & room. OV, Balcony, Inside Etc.

1. Look for the cruise/s you would like to do

2. Fly in the day before your cruise or even two if you would like to have a day of sight seeing

3. Your return flight should be made for the afternoon or following morning and booked from your location with a departure date and time then return date & time.

b2b will give you different ports on each cruise. not having to change ships would be the way i would want to go. and i would also like to have same room. unpack once for two weeks.

Archived