I Can't Wait!!!

redpatti

My first cruise is booked for August 13th on the NCL Star!! I am so excited and can barely think of anything else. I am taking my DD (20) and DS (15) and am looking forward to a great vacation with them (although I believe they will be ditching their mom leaving me with some alone time!).

I am loving all of the tips and advice from reading CC and welcome any ideas on meeting folks for my alone time as well as for ideas for the kids and I to do things together.

Thanks in advance!!!

:D

Patti

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on booking your first cruise. You will have a blast!

My advice: Keep your mind open to new experiences and enjoy the time with your kids. Keep checking your daily newsletter to find interesting events on board the ship and at your ports of call (it took us a couple of days before we figure out there were some hidden gems there). Check to see if there's a Roll Call open for your cruise--that's a great way to find your fellow cruisers and meet new and interesting people on board.

Above all, have fun!

If you like NCL and think will cruise with them again in the future, get the future cruise certificate or whatever they called it there. Usually they give some good incentive like OBC or reduced deposit.

Also, don't over plan, and just relax and enjoy the vacation.

If you are excited now JUST WAIT until you walk up that gangplank for the very first time. Not to mention how excited you get when you are on the ship and you feel it moving away from the pier and is headed out to sea.

No matter how many times I have cruised I get that same excited feeling each time I am standing on my balcony and watching the pier get smaller and smaller as we head out to wherever is is we happen to be going. :p

Archived