Sky Suite Balcony S1

smoosh21

The S1 cabins on the Solstice class ships definitely have larger balconies. The are angled and at the corners of the ship in the aft. Also, the room itself is larger.

While they are quite far from elevators and stairs, they are extremely quiet. There is an adjoining door you pass to get to your entrance. I thought that this set up might allow noise from the neighbors cabin to transfer, but it was very quiet.

On the Solstice class ships, do any of the Sky Suites, S1, have larger balconies? I know that sometimes ship designs give some decks bigger balconies than others, especially all the way aft

Thanks

I think you are asking whether all the S1 balconies are the same size, or are some S1 balconies that are bigger than others. I have read on other threads that 2151 and 2146 on S-class (the two aft corners on the Resort Deck... I think one or two of the ships may be numbered differently) have the bigger balconies than all other S1s. I believe S1s other than those two suites have the same size balconies.

I don't know this first hand, but others have posted this info. I am booked into 2146 for a future cruise but too far in the future to be of any help to you, sorry.

Yes, S1 aft corners are huge! We had one last year and it was amazing and worth every penny. We were on deck 9. I highly rec. this deck. Deck 10 has window washer obstruction and Deck 11 has no sun bc of overhang and noise from the aft of the outdoor seating of the buffet.

I think you are asking whether all the S1 balconies are the same size, or are some S1 balconies that are bigger than others. I have read on other threads that 2151 and 2146 on S-class (the two aft corners on the Resort Deck... I think one or two of the ships may be numbered differently) have the bigger balconies than all other S1s. I believe S1s other than those two suites have the same size balconies.

I don't know this first hand, but others have posted this info. I am booked into 2146 for a future cruise but too far in the future to be of any help to you, sorry.

Yes, this is what I meant. I am wondering if there is a particular S1 cabin that is the cabin to pick.

We have an S1 on deck 9 booked for next year, we were originally offered deck 10 but dropped down a deck when we saw the window washing equipment. Please is anyone able to tell me if the S1 has a seperate shower or just the one over the bath tub, we will be on the Eclipse.

We have an S1 on deck 9 booked for next year, we were originally offered deck 10 but dropped down a deck when we saw the window washing equipment. Please is anyone able to tell me if the S1 has a seperate shower or just the one over the bath tub, we will be on the Eclipse.

Hi it appears S1 suites only have the shower/bath combined, not a seperate shower.

Here's a video of one I found on YouTube.

Not too fussed on the commentary, but it let's you see what one of them is like :)

Many thanks for the video link great help, all we have to do now is wish the weeks away till it's time to sail.

You will have a great time. We were upgraded to a S1 suite last Fall and enjoyed every moment. The other two couples we were traveling with were also upgraded. We were in 2146 on deck 12 of the Solstice. One couple was on deck 6 and the other on the opposite corner on deck 9. All the balconies were the same size. They were very large and all wrapped around the corners.

As someone already said, it is a long way to the elevators stairs and could be a problem for someone with a walking problem. As for the sun being blocked well, that is kind of relative isn't it? It really depends on which way the ship is traveling doesn't it? We got sun some days and not much other days but it was always nice to sit on the balcony.

We considered ourselves very fortunate with the upgrades and had no complaints about anything.

One little tip, the coffee table in the cabin is not just a low "coffee" table. Ours could be moved up and down so you can have a meal sitting normally. Our Butler moved it to a higher position when he brought breakfast.

Archived