Concierge Cabin

jschutz

I just upgraded from a 2B balcony cabin to a Concierge Cabin (Summit 09/17 Alaska-San Diego). As this is my first time on Celebrity, am wondering if it is worth the extra money. Any experienced CC cruisers out there that can reflect on their experiences in a CC cabin?

We are booked in a concierge class cabin for our July cruise on the Zenith. I understand that this class cabin has amenities similar to the suites. The only difference is that we don't have a butler. Combine this with Celebritie's excellent service and I think you will be very happy with the concierge cabin.

Pat

I've been in seven CC cabins, and for myself I wouldn't book anything else (except for a suite). But that's a personal issue. It depends on whether you use the amenities or not, and which ones you place value on. You may find that room service alone is worth it (the menu is more extensive), but the flowers, towels, extra bath items, extra hair dryer, duvet, daily fruit and canapes are certainly worth something to nearly everyone.

Our favorite "amenity" is priority boarding....we've never had to wait in line at the pier to board when we've booked CC category. And don't forget to ask for the pillow menu!

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=

(AKA/Sharon and Will)
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~bcs3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/5-9summit2.gif[/img]

REMBRANDT - Med. 9/1998: and so it begins!
LEGEND OF THE SEA - Med. 5/1999
SPLENDOR OF THE SEA - Med. 5/2000
INFINITY - Hawaii 4/2001
MILLIE -Med. - 5/2002 (X No Go)
RHAPSODY OF THE SEA - Mardi Gras - 2/2002
INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2002
SUMMIT - Alaska Repo Cruise - 5/2003
INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2003

And next:
SUMMIT -Alaska/Pacific Coast Repo Cruise - 5/2004

We are Homeland Cruising now!

**No clock - too much trouble - but I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SUMMIT LEAVES FROM SAN DIEGO FOR THE 14-NIGHT PACIFIC/NW/ALASKA CRUISE**
(5/21/04!!)

My husband and I are booked in a CC cabin to Alaska and I hope you can clarify some questions I have. (We are on the Infinity) Did you say that there are two hair dryers? Is there an extra charge for the use of the T-pool? Just how effiecient is the pre-boarding? I'm sorry if these questions are repeats but I can't keep track of all the different answers that I get.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Did you say that there are two hair dryers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, a wall mounted one that is basically useless in the bathroom and there is supposed to be a regular hair dryer now in all CC rooms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Just how effiecient is the pre-boarding? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very efficient. We were on this cruise last year and boarding was easy. We did arrive early because we stayed the night before at the Pan Pacific Hotel which is at Canada Place where the ship docks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is there an extra charge for the use of the T-pool?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The T-Pool is free on all M-Class ships. It is a great way to relax before getting ready for dinner, IMHO. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Enjoy Alaska!!

Mindi

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/boat.gif[/img]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;12;4;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Constellation - Southern Caribbean

Infinity to Alaska 8-03 [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=147097554&m=8233026937"]Review[/url]
Millennium to Eastern Carribbean 11-02

There are 2 hair dryers in the bathroom....one is attached to the wall and I never have been able to use because it's weak and my hair is HEAVY and it gets way too hot to handle.....the other is a pistol grip type that is 1500 or 1800 (seems like I had one of each and can't remember which ship had which wattage dryer)....Seems to me this one is tucked away in one of the lower cabinets in the bathroom.....anyway - it helps with my packing to know there is a good hair dryer waiting for me onboard the ship - and gives me a little extra room to pack more - - - stuff [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Our experiences with pre-boarding when booked in CC category have been just wonderful...there is a separate line for Suites and CC Category guests - just ask as you walk thru the terminal door where the line is for Suites and CC guests - we stumbled upon it by accident the first time. Be sure to ASK. (Perhaps we've just been luck, too.)

There is no charge for the T-Pool on the "M" class ships. And the food in the spa is very, very good (some like it better than that served in the lunch buffet) - but not a lot of folks appear to be aware that food is served in the spa area.

Hope this helps, 45014.

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=

(AKA/Sharon and Will)
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~bcs3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/5-9summit2.gif[/img]

REMBRANDT - Med. 9/1998: and so it begins!
LEGEND OF THE SEA - Med. 5/1999
SPLENDOR OF THE SEA - Med. 5/2000
INFINITY - Hawaii 4/2001
MILLIE -Med. - 5/2002 (X No Go)
RHAPSODY OF THE SEA - Mardi Gras - 2/2002
INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2002
SUMMIT - Alaska Repo Cruise - 5/2003
INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2003

And next:
SUMMIT -Alaska/Pacific Coast Repo Cruise - 5/2004

We are Homeland Cruising now!

**No clock - too much trouble - but I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SUMMIT LEAVES FROM SAN DIEGO FOR THE 14-NIGHT PACIFIC/NW/ALASKA CRUISE**
(5/21/04!!)

Thanks to all that answered my questions. On some of the other boards, (not Cruise Critic) the answers I got were just short and curt and NOT informative at all.
I really appreciate the people that helped me.
We are looking forward to our Alaskan Cruise, only 110 more days and I can hardly wait.

We were in a CC cabin in Feb.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Take breakfast in the room, often. The menu is very good and you can order things like smoothies that cost $4 in the Aqua Spa each moring. The table cloth service on the balcony is a great way to wake-up.

2. Order Extra Fresh Juice's: We keep them in the frig and mixed our first drink in the cabin each night while we dressed for dinner.

3. Try all 4 pillows, except if you get the body pillow, you won't see you spouse. It's very large.

4. Bring your own field glasses. The ones on the cabin aren't that powerful.

5. Get a picture of your guy in the pink robes. Our bathroom linens were sea foam green or pink, rotating each day.

6. Enjoy the snacks each afternoon at 5pm but don't wait on them. Not that great.

Constellation-2/2004
Infinity-4/2001

As to price for upgrade, when we booked our Mercury Alaska cruise, there were no CC cabins available, no balconies at all. So we booked an outside, then upgraded to the family cabin for a little more room. After final payment a CC cabin came available so I called for an upgrade and found out it would be about $1400 more for the cabin than we were paying for the family cabin. So sadly we declined, so no balcony for Alaska. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

On our last cruise (CC Class) we arrived at the dock at 12 noon. Officially boarding started at 2pm.

When someone saw our luggage tags (coded for CC) they came to us and took our bags before we tipped the cabbie. Then they showed us straight into the area to get our docs.

There was a special line for CC class and nobody was in it, but at that early time, there wasn't much for lines anywhere.

We buzzed through. Don't forget to ask about a bridge tour!

Constellation-2/2004
Infinity-4/2001

We loved our CC Cabin on the Infinity, and have booked the same for the Millennium. There was very little cost difference and certainly worth it.
Boarding was exceptional, the towels extra thick, 2 hairdryers, wonderful pillows (I tried them all - even the body pillow), fresh flowers in room and bath. Like someone else stated, except for a suite, it's the pretty darn good.
Mari

Archived