Kids Programs

dapod423

Do I need to preregister my son for the Kid's Program? Or do we just show up and drop him off? I'm also unclear as to whether they have pagers so they can notify us when our son wants to leave. We have cruised Disney and they provide a phone but I'm not sure about NCL. Anyone know? Thanks.

you register them the pm of the boarding day.they only give a phone if you child is not toilet trained.depending on how full they are they may let you have a phone if you convince them its an issue.

how old is your child?

I am a former NCL Youth Counselor, so I can tell you from experience that you will only get a pager/onboard phone for your child if they are in diapers or have some other special need that may require your immediate assistance. The best thing to do is make a plan with your son before dropping him off as to when he would like to be picked up. You can look at the schedule of activities and arrange to come check on him/pick him up after the activity that interests him most. Additionally, if your child is in the 10-12 age group then you can grant him access to sign in/out on his own.

As far as registration is concerned, you do not need to pre-register before the cruise, but you do have to fill out the registration/liability forms prior to your son joining the program for the first time. It is best to go to the open house on the first day and fill out the forms then so everything will be ready for your son when he decides to join the program.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise.

The best thing to do is make a plan with your son before dropping him off as to when he would like to be picked up. You can look at the schedule of activities and arrange to come check on him/pick him up after the activity that interests him most.

This is what we did. If it was more than 90 minutes, I'd also call (phones are located all over the ship) and have the counselor ask my daughter if she wanted to stay longer or be picked up.

Thanks all. My son is 5 and on our previous cruises we have ALWAYS gotten a call that he wants to be picked up. He has a great time but he only lasts about 2 hours. I guess I will have to keep checking in.

Archived