Norwegian Star vs. RCL Serenade of the Seas

nowhook18

I am working on planning a family cruise next February or March. It seems that the port we have to leave from is most likely New Orleans. I see that Norwegian Star and RCL Serenade of the Seas goes out of that port. With children of 4 and 7, what would most people recommend? I am not a big fan of Carnival, but would be welcome to hear opinions on their ship out of New Orleans as well. To this point I have only taken cruises with my wife and this is our first forray into "family" cruising.

It is Navigator of the Seas, and not Serenade of the Seas, that will be departing from New Orleans next winter. I haven't cruised either ship so I can't comment, but between the NCL Star and RCI Navigator of the Seas, NOS is a bigger ship and will have more activities onboard.

Will you consider leaving out of Galveston, TX? I saw that you have cruised Crown Princess before, which will be doing 7-night from Galveston next February and March. Royal Caribbean also has Mariner of the Seas sailing from Galveston, and the two "MAGIC's" will also be there: Carnival Magic and Disney Magic.

Sorry to be a bit off topic.

I may consider leaving out of Galveston. The main reason we were considering leaving out of New Orleans is because we have a babysitting option in the Pensacola area for our oldest child. New Orleans is the closest port to them with decent cruises. We loved the Crown Princess a couple years back when we were on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived