First Time cruisers w/ BABY

camara381

No it isn't that many people dislike children but that many parents TODAY believe their child is perfect and can do no wrong and therefore don't supervise them. What we dislike are their parents. These undisciplined unruly screaming brats destroy any nice environment when their clueless parents think their behavior is "cute" and that everyone should enjoy it.

Second offense is when the parents believe that on a cruise "everyone else" is supervising their child but don't dare to correct them. They don't want to be responsible but don't want anyone else to take it either. It isn't other passenger's job to watch the kids.

Third offense: if the child/baby is cranky LEAVE the restaurant or show. I can't tell you how many meals, movies, plays were ruined by parents who were completely unconcerned that the child was WAY past bed time, tired, bored, and cranky and that no one else was interested in listening to them scream while the parents linger through dinner or catch the last act ignoring the loudly protesting child.

Fourth offense: ignoring sanitary laws and taking the little poop machine into the pool or hot tub in a diaper anyway. Eventually the baby has the inevitable accident shutting down the amenities to everyone else while the ship complies with sanitation laws. "My darling baby would NEVER mess in their diaper. They KNOW they are in the pool!" Part B of this offense: ignoring the adults only area so that the little prince or princess can stay with Mom/Dad/Grandma/Grandpa all the time anyway. There is a reason they provide those areas respect it.

Last: I have read all the stories on here about waiters and crew parading these kids around the ship like little prizes and really don't see the cute in it. Why should I have to wait longer for services or have your runny nosed baby sneeze/cough on my food because the wait staff thinks its "cute" to hold your baby while they do their job?

By all means travel with baby or children but have respect for the other passengers who are trying to enjoy their vacation too and may not think every cry, cough, sneeze, and fart is as adorable as you do, have the courtesy to remove a cranky or ill child from the area, and respect the rules and laws about where they are able to go.

It isn't about the age of the passenger but respect for others and today's self entitled parents and kids have pushed the limits too far.

Could not agree more!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• 5 months later...

Wanted to belatedly thank camara381 for her tips on taking baby on cruise. Other replies aren't very helpful as I'm a responsible mother and I wouldn't leave my baby screaming and bothering other passengers. And parents like the ones you mention are not the majority. However I still have right to cruise and so does she, so the comment saying kids shouldn't cruise till 7 is ridiculous and shames the previous ones.

It's also sad that, and I don't mean you all, but some people as soon as they see a child decide to dislike and be bothered by it. Hope I don't run into any of those.

I am a very happy cruiser and have no issues with children onboard. However, I am a grandmother and feel that the best place for Baby is at home with Grandma!!!! Mommy and Daddy need a brake and a cruise ship is no place for an infant. A 5 yr old on a family cruise with many family members I can see, but babies need to be home in their crib and on their schedule

Do yourself and baby a favor and leave that baby with Grandma (or Auntie) and enjoy a nice break!!!

Happy sailing !!

I am a very happy cruiser and have no issues with children onboard. However, I am a grandmother and feel that the best place for Baby is at home with Grandma!!!! Mommy and Daddy need a brake and a cruise ship is no place for an infant. A 5 yr old on a family cruise with many family members I can see, but babies need to be home in their crib and on their schedule

Do yourself and baby a favor and leave that baby with Grandma (or Auntie) and enjoy a nice break!!!

Happy sailing !!

Not everyone has responsible relatives they could leave a child with. Hopefully parents can figure out if they are ready to travel with a small child, but there's a big difference between leaving a child for a week with someone else, and leaving them with a babysitter for a few hours.

Happy sailing !!

Another stupid comment , "but babies need to be home in their crib and on their schedule" Its called a family holiday for a reason. Just deal with it , kids will always be on holidays with there parents regardless of there age

Would wait until kid is at least 7 before taking them on a cruise.

No comment needed here , but i cant help myself , what a stupid comment, hope you dont need any of the kids of today looking after you when your in need

Archived