What to do in Progreso close to the ship

Sheran

We will be in Progreso next week and my husband and the others we are traveling with are going to Uxaml.

My question is...Is it safe for me to wonder around in Progreso by myself?

Maybe do a little shopping and getting a bite to eat.

Or if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could do (other than stay on the ship...which I have thought about) while my party is gone?

There will be plenty of cruisers on the main drag by the beach...I always feel perfectly safe there , but to be honest, I would probably advise my wife to go by herself.. I think your best bet is to tag along with some other cruisers , and maybe go to Buddy's , my name by chance , and have some food and a beer or so if you like.There is shopping there also...Buddy's is very close to where the bus stops.

2nhhvzo.jpg

you can take the free bus down the very long pier. It will take you to a flea market area. You can shop there and walk a couple of blocks over to the beach. We were there on 2/13 and had no safety concerns. By the flea market you can take the $3.00 bus tour that will show you the town. There are several vendors that will approach you on the beach. We just kept our sun glasses on to avoid eye contact and said no thank you.

We will be in Progreso next week and my husband and the others we are traveling with are going to Uxaml.

My question is...Is it safe for me to wonder around in Progreso by myself?

Maybe do a little shopping and getting a bite to eat.

Or if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could do (other than stay on the ship...which I have thought about) while my party is gone?

You'll feel so safe in Progreso that you will laugh at yourself for asking this question. Spend a little time walking the beach, have a beer and a big plate of fried fish (head and tail on) and/or maybe get a massage. Then head back to the ship via the shuttle and have a nap before everyone else gets back.

My daughter and I always walk around Progreso by ourselves and have never felt unsafe. If you aren't sure you can always stay in the market area or along the beach but the vendors will hound you relentlessly on the beach :rolleyes:

Archived