Went to Galveston this weekend....

stepha06

Just to go to the port and check out our ship... We cruise in June and then again in August on the triumph. We saw her... Made us even more excited. We then went and got a hotel on the sea wall, quality inn and suites... All rooms have a private balcony. Room was ok, nothing spectacular though. It was a bit pricy since we just drove up on a Saturday without reservations. We walked along the sea wall, it was nice. We ate dinner at fish tales, I do not recommend this restaurant, the food was bland, the waiter was... Well unseen him once to place our order. I could have cooked what we ordered at home and it would have had so much more flavor. We also,went to moody gardens on Sunday before heading home. We went and seen the bodies revealed. It was interesting, but I expected more. I guess I am too picky. We are going back to Galveston soon and going to schlitterbaun.

There are many great restaurants in Galveston locally owned.

We just returned from a lovely evening at Olympia at Pier 21. The Elissa was docked right on front of us while her pier is being rebuilt. There is also Willie G's at Pier 21 and Fisherman's Wharf next to it. Great Happy Hours Monday to Friday. Joe's Crab Shack is at Pier 19, Our friends with us tonight were not impressed with the food, but liked the views.

Saltwater Grill, Rudy and Paco's, Sky Bar Sushi and Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar are all on Post Office Street downtown - all good.

Gaido's at 39th and Seawall is one of our favorites, though we frequent their Pelican Club.

There are many great restaurants in Galveston locally owned.

We just returned from a lovely evening at Olympia at Pier 21. The Elissa was docked right on front of us while her pier is being rebuilt. There is also Willie G's at Pier 21 and Fisherman's Wharf next to it. Great Happy Hours Monday to Friday. Joe's Crab Shack is at Pier 19, Our friends with us tonight were not impressed with the food, but liked the views.

Saltwater Grill, Rudy and Paco's, Sky Bar Sushi and Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar are all on Post Office Street downtown - all good.

Gaido's at 39th and Seawall is one of our favorites, though we frequent their Pelican Club.

Thank you for the suggestions! Is the sky sushi bar a good place to take kids, or should we do that by ourselves, no kids? Gaido's on 39th, how far from the sea wall on 39th is it. I believe we were near there over the weekend, but. Didn't see it.

Just to go to the port and check out our ship... We cruise in June and then again in August on the triumph. We saw her... Made us even more excited. We then went and got a hotel on the sea wall, quality inn and suites... All rooms have a private balcony. Room was ok, nothing spectacular though. It was a bit pricy since we just drove up on a Saturday without reservations. We walked along the sea wall, it was nice. We ate dinner at fish tales, I do not recommend this restaurant, the food was bland, the waiter was... Well unseen him once to place our order. I could have cooked what we ordered at home and it would have had so much more flavor. We also,went to moody gardens on Sunday before heading home. We went and seen the bodies revealed. It was interesting, but I expected more. I guess I am too picky. We are going back to Galveston soon and going to schlitterbaun.

Fish tales is a Landry chain and not local! Although Tillman fetita is from Galveston all the following are chains of Landry restaurants that is

Willie G, landrys, fishermans wharf, salt grass , rainforest and others. Even gumps on the new pier is landrys.

Thank you for the suggestions! Is the sky sushi bar a good place to take kids, or should we do that by ourselves, no kids? Gaido's on 39th, how far from the sea wall on 39th is it. I believe we were near there over the weekend, but. Didn't see it.

I don't suggest taking children to Sky Bar.

Gaido's is at 39th and Seawall - hard to miss - takes in an entire block.

Archived