Best places to buy rum

minerva78

My primary goal in Grand Cayman is to buy rum, so I wanted to know any recommended places to go. I have to get some Tortuga rum and I would like to try some BBD rum, since I read it comes in chocolate flavor. :) Are these rums very easy to find in shops near the port?

Tortuga shop was actually in the cruise port just as you exit. Blackbeard was sold in a shop just across the street and upstairs from the cruiseport. Prices were very good. I bought Coconut and Chocolate rum there! I also bought Sangsters Jamaican Rum Cream there as well....it was only $12 a bottle, which turned out to be less expensive than it was in Mobay. All of the shops and restaraunts sell the Tortuga rum cakes if you will be looking for them. Best price I found was $25 for the big 32oz cake. And, the Tortuga rum cake was much, much tastier to me than the Blackbeard....however, after I purchased so much rum, they gave me a free large Blackbeard rum cake! In Grand Caymen, your rum will go straight from the shop to the ship, in other words, they do not hand it over to you. Turned out to be a good thing as I didn't have to lug all that rum around! Happy sailing!

Tortuga Liquor stores are the sole vendors of Tortuga Rum. There is a location right by the North Terminal.

Blackbeard's Liquor stores are the sole vendors of Big Black Dick Rum. There is a location downstairs in the Landmark Building where the Breezes By the Bay restaurant is located.

Tortuga shop was actually in the cruise port just as you exit. Blackbeard was sold in a shop just across the street and upstairs from the cruiseport. Prices were very good. I bought Coconut and Chocolate rum there! I also bought Sangsters Jamaican Rum Cream there as well....it was only $12 a bottle, which turned out to be less expensive than it was in Mobay. All of the shops and restaraunts sell the Tortuga rum cakes if you will be looking for them. Best price I found was $25 for the big 32oz cake. And, the Tortuga rum cake was much, much tastier to me than the Blackbeard....however, after I purchased so much rum, they gave me a free large Blackbeard rum cake! In Grand Caymen, your rum will go straight from the shop to the ship, in other words, they do not hand it over to you. Turned out to be a good thing as I didn't have to lug all that rum around! Happy sailing!

How many bottles did you have to buy to receive free rum cake?

Archived