Explorer Western & Shopping Question

I am going to be on the Explorer of the Seas on the Western itinerary in August. I want to purchase a charm for my charm bracelet at each port. Has anyone done this before? Will this be fairly easy to do?

I also have a charm bracelet and try and buy a new one at each port. All of the jewelry stores sell them, the only difficult part is getting them put on. Usually they want some time to have their jeweler put it on and there is no charge but you will have to wait or return. I have also waited and had them put on at home by a jeweler.

Say Beth,

Did the Western on EOS in Nov 04.

There's a very small d'twn area in Belize City. Best bet is to ask the Cruise Director's staff who do the shopping briefings.

At Costa Maya, there are jewellery stores right at the port (the usual DI, TI etc etc) but not sure what's available in Mahajual.

In Cozumel you can cruise up and down the waterfront in more jewellery stores than you can ever magine.

In Grand Cayman, you'll find lots of shops in d'twn Georgetown when you get off the tenders.

Have a great cruise, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Archived