Boarding info.

Karlie1

We were in San Juan last year on the Liberty. We walked into Old San Juan for the day. We were there as a Port Stop. Now we will be there as Home Port. Is there anything we need to know about boarding that may be different than Miami. I have not read anything about what to expect. We have a room in Old San Juan that is within walking distance to Ship. I'm sure it will be simple for past cruisers but what can first time cruisers expect.? Thanks

The boarding process is the same. You can check-in, board, drop your bags off and then get back off the ship until the time you need to be back on. (If your ship departs at night). We actually got back off and went out for dinner instead of eating on the ship. We knew we would have all week to eat on the ship.

The only thing I will caution you about is to be aware of your debarkation time. The SJ airport is a zoo, especially if there is more than 1 ship debarking.

Also, the SJ airport has an agriculture line that you must go through (bags through a scanner) before going through security. So, you will have 2 lines (not counting time if you need to check-in at the airport).

So, if you have an earlier flight, make sure you get off early. Carnival would not allow us to take our own bags, so it took us nearly 20 min to find our luggage. We always take our own bags off, but we couldn't this time. (I've heard where others do take their own bags off in SJ, but they would not allow our ship to).

Have a great cruise!!

Archived