Cabbage Beach question for Scubagirrl

libertyschool

I will be in Nassau next Tuesday. I was originally planning on doing the Blue Lagoon beach day offered through the ship, but I'm having second thoughts. I think I would prefer an open ocean experience. Based on pictures I've seen, I would really enjoy Cabbage Beach. I'm not interested in swimming but rather relaxing in the sand and watching the crashing waves. My question for you is how safe is it for 2 women travelling alone? Also, how aggressive are the vendors and do you have any advice on how to deal with them? We will probably buy some small trinkets as souvenirs, but I do not plan on spending a lot. Thank you in advance.

Anyone else who has recently been to Cabbage Beach, I'd love to hear about your experiences as well.

I will be in Nassau next Tuesday. I was originally planning on doing the Blue Lagoon beach day offered through the ship, but I'm having second thoughts. I think I would prefer an open ocean experience. Based on pictures I've seen, I would really enjoy Cabbage Beach. I'm not interested in swimming but rather relaxing in the sand and watching the crashing waves. My question for you is how safe is it for 2 women travelling alone? Also, how aggressive are the vendors and do you have any advice on how to deal with them? We will probably buy some small trinkets as souvenirs, but I do not plan on spending a lot. Thank you in advance.

Anyone else who has recently been to Cabbage Beach, I'd love to hear about your experiences as well.

cabbage Beach is fine during the day.. just watch your alcohol.

some locals will try and take advantage of women that are drunk.

Otherwise.. have a good time.

We will not be drinking any alcohol. Your comment has made me feel a little uneasy... maybe we should stick to our ship excursion... Thank you for your response though.

If you are not party girls, drinking all day on the beach.. then you shouldn't have a problem.

Some girls go there looking for "fun".. and find themselves in a heap of trouble.

If you're not drinking.. you should have no problem.

Archived