Anniversary?

We just celebrated our 40th anniversary on the Jade.

We booked Le Bistro on the evening on our actual anniversary and mentioned that we were celebrating 40 years that day.

We did not order a cake or anything but at the end of the meal they brought us a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine and all the waiters sang for us.

In addition, we were sitting in the atrium cafe/bar during the day and the Captain came over and said he understood we were celebrating our anniversary and congratulated us.

I think word got around as several passengers and crew wished us Happy Anniversary.

I don't know if all this is normal or whether it was because it was our 40th or just because the crew on the Jade are just so special but all this made it a very special day for us.

If any of you are reading this, thank you to the officers and crew of the Jade.

Does Norwegian do anything special if you are celebrating an anniversary?

If you mention it to your PCC or TA, you will (at least sometimes) get a free cake and a bottle of wine. We cruised for our birthdays and wedding in January (all the same week) and we got three cakes just walking on board (my birthday, her birthday, our wedding) and somebody on the Cruise Director's staff found out and sent us another cake.

We're going again next January and they're setting us up with the same thing.

We celebrated our 40th Anniversary onboard the Dawn last November. We bought the anniversary package.

Nothing was done special, or complimentary for this occasion, only what I paid for.

We celebrated our 40th Anniversary onboard the Dawn last November. We bought the anniversary package.

Nothing was done special, or complimentary for this occasion, only what I paid for.

Proves to me that the Jade is something really special with wonderful crew :)

We cruise in the Fall to celebrate our anniversary. Sometimes they've asked if we're celebrating anything special when we book and, if we tell them, a cake seems to appear at some point. I don't remember being asked prior to our last cruise though, but we had dinner at LeBistro one evening and they brought us a cake. We must have mentioned it to someone at some point.

Archived