Soda Card, Worth it or Not?

MelissaS

Guest Time2gocruzn
I don't see why not....although I might purchase a thermal cup on board with the Carnival logo emblazened on it...

LOL. I fell for the cupthey were selling at the bar. They had a redish cup they sold at the bars with a lid that said "Coke" on one side and Carnival on the other. It was something like $4 with purchase of soda card. It looked like it would hold more than the cups they give you at the bar. SO I bought it. I later discovered it is not thermal, nor does it hold more. Just looks that way because it is tall. Maybe they sell larger ones in the gift shop. Good idea about bringing the mug. They were so anal about the whole soda card thing when we went. DH went up to the bar to get me a coke (with my card) because I had just got the kids something to eat and was getting them all settled at the table. They gave him a big lecture, LOL, barely let him get the pop.

I am also a (diet) coke addict and I had a hard time getting my money's worth out of the soda card. I took a case on board with a rolling cooler because I HAVE to have a cold diet coke as soon as I wake up. No one speaks to me until my caffeine level is back up where it belongs, I am not a "morning person". Anyway, I didn't drink as much soda as I thought I would or when I wanted one I wasn't near a bar. I did notice there were coke machines on each floor, I think they were 1.75 each can. Next time I will take along a case of cokes and supplement if necessary with the ones out of the machine or in case of extreme caffeine emergency I'll go for one of the bottles left in the room.

There are soda machines on the ship??? I never heard of that!! What boat were you on?

Archived