Advice on Ho Ho buses

Alona

We are travelling on the Queen Victoria in June, calling at various ports. Just wondered if anybody has information on HoHo buses in La Coruna and Oporto.

Dear Aloha,

I found the website of the tourist office in La Coruna / A Coruna very useful.

It is also in English. I found no hop on/hop off busses, but on my ("infoturisma@coruna.es") request they send me a map and a booklet with a number of walking routes by mail. On the map I saw that there is a tram with many stops going around the center of the city. We intend to use this as kind of hop on/hop off.

See you on the QV,

Pim

We are travelling on the Queen Victoria in June, calling at various ports. Just wondered if anybody has information on HoHo buses in La Coruna and Oporto.

Was in Porto in Dec I do not remember a hoho bus, but if you go into tripadvisor Porto forum you will find out all sorts of excellent info.

Porto is quite small I believe you can get a day transport ticket, we had a 3 day one, very good for hoho-ing. Tripadvisor will fill you in

We'll be arriving Barcelona day before cruise. We'll be weary from overnight flight however would like advice if we should get overview of the sights via HOHO bus or casually walk about and then take taxi to Sagrada Familia before having early dinner and retiring for the day? Recommendations will be very much appreciated.

I was looking for public transport in Oporto and found recent information for you about hop on/hop off on the forum of tripadvisor

see item number 10.

Pim

We'll be arriving Barcelona day before cruise. We'll be weary from overnight flight however would like advice if we should get overview of the sights via HOHO bus or casually walk about and then take taxi to Sagrada Familia before having early dinner and retiring for the day? Recommendations will be very much appreciated.

I would take the HOHO bus and get off at Sagrada Familia before completing the circuit to get an overview of Barcelona. UNLESS you are staying very near Las Ramblas when you could just wander round Las Ramblas, the boqueria (indoor market) and Gothic (cathedral) area.

I think your advice about taking the HOHO to Sagrada Familia is good. Our hotel is close to the The Ramblas and Passaeig Gracias, however, we wanted to see the Sagrada Familia from the outside first before we return to stroll and wander the areas nearby our hotel. However, would taking the HOHO bus be more economical than taking a taxi? It certainly would offer a nice scenic ride. Not sure what the bus fare vs. taxi would cost.

Archived