Twin Island Excursion vs Bernards

I know that Bernard's Tours have great reviews but I also saw a company with great reviews on Trip Adv called Twin Island Excursions. Anyone ever use them and how did everything go? I am considering them b/c it seems they spend a little more time at Maho and less time at Orient.

I've looked back on the St Marten page and going back 3 mths I don't see any thread about this company. Surprised b/c they got such great reviews :confused:

I know that Bernard's Tours have great reviews but I also saw a company with great reviews on Trip Adv called Twin Island Excursions. Anyone ever use them and how did everything go? I am considering them b/c it seems they spend a little more time at Maho and less time at Orient.

I've looked back on the St Marten page and going back 3 mths I don't see any thread about this company. Surprised b/c they got such great reviews :confused:

I did this tour in December. The tour was good. The only thing I would comment negatively on was after Maho we had to pick up a couple from a beach and drop them off at the airport. The driver basically did an errand in the middle of our tour. It ate into our time about 30 minutes and the bus was very full.

The price was fair though and I would still recommend them. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Since I posted we decided to skip the tour and just take a taxi to Maho for a couple of hours.

PS: I think that is wrong to add others onto the bus and then take time to pick them up and drop them off somewhere when they were not part of the orig. tour

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
We are looking at these two tours. Can anyone give me feedback on their experiences with either company. thanks

we did Bernards in Dec and because there were 8 ships in port the roads were horribly crowded with traffic and Bernards got us about 2/3-3/4 away around the island and then he said he could not go the rest of the way because of blocked roads so instead we turned and traveled the whole way back in the direction we had already traveled, missing the end of the tour and taking nearly an hour longer than it should have to get back. the tour guide did not speak the whole way back and it was super boring. i am considering Twin Island this next time in St Maarten since it starts in the direction we missed last time... But i have heard fantastic things about Bernards and i think if there had been less ships in port it would have been fine.