Aft cabin question

We just booked our 3rd cruise, we got an aft balcony on the Fascination--normally I book midship, but we are traveling with others and wanted to be across the hall from them. My question is, is the motion in the back really bad? We are on empress deck, but at the end of the ship.

I only ask, as we trailed behind a hurricane last year on the Dream and being midship, I still felt everything, so just a little worried I will feel everything on the Fascination.

Thanks in advance!

We just booked our 3rd cruise, we got an aft balcony on the Fascination--normally I book midship, but we are traveling with others and wanted to be across the hall from them. My question is, is the motion in the back really bad? We are on empress deck, but at the end of the ship.

I only ask, as we trailed behind a hurricane last year on the Dream and being midship, I still felt everything, so just a little worried I will feel everything on the Fascination.

Thanks in advance!

You will definitely feel the motion more back there.. be prepared and take some seasick meds with you.. or start taking them as I do the day before the cruise and continue thru out the cruise and 2 days after... I love the aft always book there :)

The aft is great. As the previous poster mentioned there is definitely more motion but the view more than makes up for it.

I use seabands and drink lots of gingerale. The view makes it worth it.

2518420830048107033bmAaWb_th.jpg

I've never noticed a difference, motion-wise. There's always "some" movement but no more than I've felt on other parts of the ship. I'm not prone to sea-sickness but I do get a bad case of "sea legs" for about 3 or 4 days after cruising.:)

Thanks in advance!

We had a 7-Day last Mother's Day on Fascination with an aft balcony cabin at the very back ... directly overlooking the wake. Don't worry! We were actually a bit sad about the lack of the motion of the ocean.

Archived