Tour thru Cruiseline or independent operator?

Morris4me

I'm debating about booking an excursion thru Carnival or through an island tour company for our stop in Grand Cayman. It's considerably less expensive to use an independent company. I've been reading on this board that some people missed their tours due to the length of time it took to get off the ship and onto a tender. Do the cruiselines (Carnival in this case) disembark those that booked tours through them first?

I'm debating about booking an excursion thru Carnival or through an island tour company for our stop in Grand Cayman. It's considerably less expensive to use an independent company. I've been reading on this board that some people missed their tours due to the length of time it took to get off the ship and onto a tender. Do the cruiselines (Carnival in this case) disembark those that booked tours through them first?

Ship tours get priority disembarkation on tenders.

Private company, private company, private company.

GC is safe and there are TONS of great tour operators. Going independently will put you on a smaller boat where you are not shoved in like sardines, and it will be cheaper.

Research tour operators (I have used Captain Marvins, for what it is worth), then send some emails asking about what time they suggest for a tour. These folks make their livlihood by making cruisers happy, so they will not suggest that you do a tour time that will not work. Then, build some time in and get off the ship a little earlier than you think necessary, just to be sure.

Have fun - GC is amazing.

Archived