Top 6 Best Things About the Fantasy

cbaker444

Hi, we just returned yesterday from sailing on the Fantasy for 7 nights on the Western Caribbean itinerary.

This "top 6" is coming from a perspective of a family who had never cruised before and we brought our 3-year-old daughter.

1. Adult areas of ship, specifically Currents, Meridian, and Cove Cafe. We never ended up seeing Skyline but that sounded wonderful as well.

2. Kids Club staff & facilities

3. Stateroom bathrooms

4. Walt Disney Theatre & Broadway-style shows

5. Palo

6. Senses Spa

Our "top 6" would probably be different if we had older children, but our daughter was only 36" tall so she was too short to go on any of the water slides (even though she is potty trained). And, for the port days, she was too young to do about 99% of any of the activities offered.

1. Adult areas of ship:

Currents was wonderful because it was outdoors with comfy seating and across the adult pool deck there was often a man playing acoustic guitar in the evening and he played songs that most people knew from the 1960s through the 1980s. He was a great musician! Very relaxing for when the kids are at kids club!

Cove cafe was very cozy and nice. It's indoors though and you can get coffee/espresso or cocktails.

Meridian was our favorite because it has a great wine selection (though a little pricier than other bars that offer wine) and both indoor and outdoor seating. Great service too! This is a place that should not be missed!

2. Kids Club:

Our 3-year-old LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Oceaneer Club. She would ask us every day to go there! Once we gave her the choice of either going swimming or going to the kids club and she picked the kids club! The staff were awesome! After abut 3 days they knew my daughter by name :) For our days in port at Grand Cayman and Cozumel she stayed all day in the kids club while my husband and I went off the boat to scuba dive. She had fun being in there and never once asked for them to call mom/dad to come get her (yay!). ~She is quite outgoing for her age, so that helped. We met another family whose 3-year-old son was more shy and "clingy" and they couldn't convince him to stay at the kids club - so every child reacts a little different. Fortunate for us, she loved it!

3. Stateroom bathrooms:

So this may sound like a silly thing to make a "top" list but the split bathrooms and the shower/tub design are so smart! Whoever designed these deserves an award! The shower/tub area had both a rainfall showerhead in the ceiling and a hand-held & adjustable showerhead. The adjustable showerhead 'holder' could be positioned at any height which is ideal for kids - how thoughtful! The water pressure on both showerheads was far better than our regular hotel room at the Orlando Hilton (a very nice hotel). The hot water NEVER ran out! I cannot say how much I appreciated being able to take a nice shower every day after pool or beach time!

4. Walt Disney Theatre:

This one's a no-brainer :)

5. Palo:

Best dining option on the ship when looking at quality and price. We also ate at Remy one night which was fantastic, but the price is a little steep considering we already paid a ton of $$ for the cruise. Palo is more reasonable and the service was great and food was great too!

6. Senses Spa:

It's amazing how spacious this spa is considering it's on a ship! It's very nice and relaxing. I did a massage and my treatment room had floor-to-ceiling windows that looked out the front of the ship, so beautiful! The only downside to the spa was that my massage therapist was always trying to "upsell" me on services and tried too hard to get me to buy their expensive spa products.

Hope this review is helpful. I plan to post the "downsides" or "lessons learned" from the ship in a different thread later today or during the week.

OOPS!

I probably should have included the Princess Characters in my "top" list!!

They were so cute and sweet to my little girl... Sometimes they would go from one part of the ship to another and if it was the way we were going they would take her hand and walk with her! I've never seen my daughter so well-behaved like she was with the princesses! She would always be so excited to see them! The look on her face was PRICELESS!

Archived