Alaska Stops

The Pearl's bow web cam is up and running this morning again. Poor thing does not like cold weather. Right now 0604, She is gliding into Ketchikan. She will be leaving toward mid afternoon for Her journey to Victoria and Seattle. Hopefully She will arrive in Seattle to see the sun come up from behind Mount Rainier to the south. If it is timed right, Mount Rainier will look like a very large Strawberry ice cream sundae. A beautiful thing to see.

sounds amazing.. and delicious..

If you can try to add a couple of days in Seattle to your vacation. Right now Seattle is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Seattle World's Fair, The Space Needle and the Monorail. Lots of special events going all summer. Seattle is a very special city. I hope you enjoy your cruise on The Jewel and the city of Seattle.

Mandy

If you can try to add a couple of days in Seattle to your vacation. Right now Seattle is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Seattle World's Fair, The Space Needle and the Monorail. Lots of special events going all summer. Seattle is a very special city. I hope you enjoy your cruise on The Jewel and the city of Seattle.

Mandy

We'll be getting back to Seattle on 5/26 and flying out fairly late 5/27, so we've got almost 2 full days to spend in Seattle. Anything special that you'd recommend?

We'll be getting back to Seattle on 5/26 and flying out fairly late 5/27, so we've got almost 2 full days to spend in Seattle. Anything special that you'd recommend?

(1) Riding the Monorail to the Settle Center from downtown and back

(2) Going up to the Observation Deck at the Space Needle (or having lunch-the restaurant revolves all the way around

(3) Ivar's Acres of Clams on Pier 54 (much cheaper on on top the fire boat house and the ferry terminal

(4) One of the Argosy tours-either the harbor tour which will go past the cruise ships or the Ballard Locks which will take you past the houseboat seen in Sleepless in Seattle

There is a lot more you could see and do, but these are my tops and what I go to see when I am in Seattle. I hope this helps. I hope you have a great cruise and a wonderful time in Seattle.

There is a book available titled "The Alaska Cruise Handbook", a Mile-by-Mile Guide - by Joe Upton. It includes maps and pictures and is designed to follow your ship's progress as you travel the inside passage. We purchased the book in the ship's gift shop, unfortunately a day before we finished our cruise. Wished we would have had it BEFORE we sailed. If you google it, you should be able to pick it up from Amazon.

Dammit.. I got home to late today.. all I see is the ass of another ship.. :mad:

They should be leaving soon and heading to Victoria, B.C. arriving 5:30 P.M. or so Pacific Daylight Time tomorrow evening. If they are on schedule, they should arrive in Seattle between 6:00 A.M. and 6:30 A.M. on Sunday morning.

There is a book available titled "The Alaska Cruise Handbook", a Mile-by-Mile Guide - by Joe Upton. It includes maps and pictures and is designed to follow your ship's progress as you travel the inside passage. We purchased the book in the ship's gift shop, unfortunately a day before we finished our cruise. Wished we would have had it BEFORE we sailed. If you google it, you should be able to pick it up from Amazon.

for anyone wondering it's 13.57$ online

http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Cruise-Handbook-Mile-Mile/dp/0979491509

just out of curiosity, how much they stick you for it on the boat?

(1) Riding the Monorail to the Settle Center from downtown and back

(2) Going up to the Observation Deck at the Space Needle (or having lunch-the restaurant revolves all the way around

(3) Ivar's Acres of Clams on Pier 54 (much cheaper on on top the fire boat house and the ferry terminal

(4) One of the Argosy tours-either the harbor tour which will go past the cruise ships or the Ballard Locks which will take you past the houseboat seen in Sleepless in Seattle

There is a lot more you could see and do, but these are my tops and what I go to see when I am in Seattle. I hope this helps. I hope you have a great cruise and a wonderful time in Seattle.

Don't forget Pikes Place Market on Pike & Pine - a MUST see!

Dammit.. I got home to late today.. all I see is the ass of another ship.. :mad:

Thanks! You just gave me the best chuckle of the day!

how about the end of August? I don't really dig pools, but a hot tub is great for the old bones

This is the cruise to buy the weekly Spa pass. Best investment we ever made, I am still trying to figure out how to steal the therapy pool. Rarely crowded, great views and no kids to fight for room in the hot tubs. Should cost you about $100 or so, but so worth it.

I see the itinerary you are on, and we've done that one 4 times. On Sunday morning, your first full day at sea, be where you can see out around 9:00-10:00 because you should pass thru a "town" in BC, I don't know the name of the town, but there is a little light house and people were outside waving as we went by. Land is near on both sides of the ship....maybe 300 yards either direction. (I'm just guessing.)

That could be the village of Bella Bella.

I have tons of pictures from the ship, all the way up and down. I couldn't tell you where most of them were taken, and that's one thing I wish for every time, is a detailed map of where we are along the route.

They do have the map on the TV screen but it just shows general areas, not specific.

I see the itinerary you are on, and we've done that one 4 times. On Sunday morning, your first full day at sea, be where you can see out around 9:00-10:00 because you should pass thru a "town" in BC, I don't know the name of the town, but there is a little light house and people were outside waving as we went by. Land is near on both sides of the ship....maybe 300 yards either direction. (I'm just guessing.)

Also, on your first evening after you leave Seattle, I feel this is some of the prettiest scenery, if it's a nice evening. About 2 hours north of Seattle and you are passing several little islands. You'll see fishing boats and all kinds of cabins big and small on the hillsides. I've taken some gorgeous sunset photos in this area.

You can't go wrong with this cruise. We've done it 7 times, with the 8th coming up!

I purchased a map from the front desk $8.95, it is the same map that you can find on the wall in the hallway to the left of the restaurant reservations at the front desk. The map is fairly detailed and the staff manually marks each map they sell with red pen marking the routes. Don't leave it until the last day as they sell out of the marked ones.

I think they area you are talking about could be Quadra Island which is directly across from Campbell River.

Archived