Celebrity UK Marketing Dept. - are you listening?

kruzgal

I recently joined the forum of your main competitor sailing out of the UK (P&O) and I have been amazed at the number of posts from unhappy P&O loyalists looking to 'jump ship', Celebrity being the first stop for many of them. A common complaint is that the prices for P&O next summer are very high and lots have chosen to book with Celebrity/RCCL as an alternative. Another huge problem is that P&O do not honour price drops or offer an upgrade in the case of a price change. There have been massive drops for this summer and there are lots of unhappy customers.

I have been lucky this summer and the price drop on my Celebrity cruise has been honoured but an earlier thread on this forum shows there are inconsistencies. My suggestion to Celebrity UK is to make your policy consistent and clear; honour price drops before final payment (even if you only get the first drop free followed by an admin fee charge for any further drops); offer upgrades as an alternative on 'new bookings only' specials and you will have disgruntled P&O customers flooding to your door.

You really could have the upper hand here - a free cruise or some OBC would be happily received as a thanks for my input!;)

I recently joined the forum of your main competitor sailing out of the UK (P&O) and I have been amazed at the number of posts from unhappy P&O loyalists looking to 'jump ship', Celebrity being the first stop for many of them. A common complaint is that the prices for P&O next summer are very high and lots have chosen to book with Celebrity/RCCL as an alternative. Another huge problem is that P&O do not honour price drops or offer an upgrade in the case of a price change. There have been massive drops for this summer and there are lots of unhappy customers.

I have been lucky this summer and the price drop on my Celebrity cruise has been honoured but an earlier thread on this forum shows there are inconsistencies. My suggestion to Celebrity UK is to make your policy consistent and clear; honour price drops before final payment (even if you only get the first drop free followed by an admin fee charge for any further drops); offer upgrades as an alternative on 'new bookings only' specials and you will have disgruntled P&O customers flooding to your door.

You really could have the upper hand here - a free cruise or some OBC would be happily received as a thanks for my input!;)

Well said!!! They could really corner the market here!!! ;)

Sorry to contradict you but we have been upgraded by P&O and Cunard when their prices dropped. Maybe we were just lucky, we didn't even ask for it:D

Today I noticed our Equinox cruise took a huge price drop so I rang our TA after reading many of the UK posts on here re being upgraded. Celebrity did not budge on their policy re after final payment and new bookings only.

You win some, you lose some.

Sorry to contradict you but we have been upgraded by P&O and Cunard when their prices dropped. Maybe we were just lucky, we didn't even ask for it:D

Today I noticed our Equinox cruise took a huge price drop so I rang our TA after reading many of the UK posts on here re being upgraded. Celebrity did not budge on their policy re after final payment and new bookings only.

You win some, you lose some.

Of course there will always be exceptions but having looked at the forums a lot recently your upgrade was certainly very lucky as P&O seem pretty strict on the no upgrade/refund rule, even when the sailing is many months away.

I did only suggest price drops pre final payment were honoured and to be quite honest I think it is fair that as a company they are able to discount in the final weeks pre sailing in order to fill the ship. In my current circumstances I would not want to leave it that late to book and am happy to pay more for booking earlier.

I just believe a clear policy that includes honouring price drops pre final payment in the UK with all staff trained in what the policy is could be extremely beneficial to Celebrity UK in securing new customers.

Archived