How far is the St. Charles train station from the port drop-off area?

Otterman34

Hello,

Once we get the shuttle from the cruise dock to the port area (can anyone tell me where that is exactly??). How far is it to the St. Charles train station?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Matt

Hello,

Once we get the shuttle from the cruise dock to the port area (can anyone tell me where that is exactly??). How far is it to the St. Charles train station?

-Matt

Which port :confused:

Hello,

-Matt

This is my route to get there and it comes directly from Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports book. Just so you know I have not tried it myslef :)

It sounds like you will have to take your ships shuttle to the old port. It is a 15 to 20 minute trip that costs 7-14 euros round trip depending on the cruise line.

Once you are at old port you can reach the train station by walking straight uphill on the main drag called La Canebiere, then turn left up boulevard d' Athenes - take this up to the station (about a 20 minute walk) Or you can ride the Metro to the train station as stated below.

To save time and sweat, zip to the station on the Metro. Find an entrance to the Vieux-Port Metro stop (there are several;a handy one is right in front of the tourist information center). Go down into the Metro, buy a 2 euro ticket at the automated machine, get on the train going toward La Rose. Ride it 2 stops, to the St Charles stop, and take the escalator up to the train station.

Archived