Tours

HHI Cruiser

I have read all the messages about booking with Oceana vs private tours. We will be on the Regatta 8-17 to 8-31. My question is if it is possible to find the individual tours prior to boarding? All we have been able to see is the "packages." I assume there are other tours not in the packages but the site does not show them or the price for the individual tours included in the package. We are planning on booking Red October in St Peterburg but would like to consider the ships tours as well for one or two of the days. Ditto for the other ports.

Guest Jancruz
I have read all the messages about booking with Oceana vs private tours. We will be on the Regatta 8-17 to 8-31. My question is if it is possible to find the individual tours prior to boarding? All we have been able to see is the "packages." I assume there are other tours not in the packages but the site does not show them or the price for the individual tours included in the package. We are planning on booking Red October in St Peterburg but would like to consider the ships tours as well for one or two of the days. Ditto for the other ports.

You will get a booklet with all of the individual the tours with your documents..but you cannot book them until you board..not to worry if you book them early

Jan:)

Just off the April 15th Istanbul to Athens Cruise aboard the Insignia. With everydays edition of Currents - the ships daily news - you will receive a list with usually 3 or 4 different tour options for the port you will visit 2 days later that will include historical and geographical information about the port. (ie: with Mondays news you will get a list of Wednesday's tours.) Just before disembarkation at each port there will be someone in the main lobby with maps and additional information for those who wish to tour on their own. The tours offered by Oceania vary in time, price and activity/intensity. They ask that you book by 7:30pm in the evening. Many nights we missed the cutoff time, and went to Destination Services the next morning and they got us on the tour of our choice. We did a combination of ship tours, a couple of pre arranged tours and a couple of days we just found a taxi driver and toured on our own.

If you have not done an Oceania cruise, trust me, you will love every moment. The ship is beautiful and easy to get around, the crew and staff are most gracious and accomodating. Dining is first class and the itineraries speak for themselves. Not to mention the great people you will meet onboard. Hope the information helps. Cathy:)

Archived