Question on late dining seating & Bar credit card

This will be our first cruise, 3 day to the Bahamas on the Imagination. My questions are these: For our late seating dining, do they try to seat you with people that are similiar in age? My 22 year old daughter is hoping so! And we don't drink, but my daughter does occasionally and I noticed on the Bon Voyage website that you can purchase a bar credit card for $23, but noticed that it has a drink limit cost of $5.75. She is the type that would like the fruity rum type of drinks, would that cover the cost or would she pay a bit more? This would be all she would have for the whole cruise so we thought that it might be a good deal? Thanks so much, these boards are so helpful!:)

This will be our first cruise, 3 day to the Bahamas on the Imagination. My questions are these: For our late seating dining, do they try to seat you with people that are similiar in age? My 22 year old daughter is hoping so! And we don't drink, but my daughter does occasionally and I noticed on the Bon Voyage website that you can purchase a bar credit card for $23, but noticed that it has a drink limit cost of $5.75. She is the type that would like the fruity rum type of drinks, would that cover the cost or would she pay a bit more? This would be all she would have for the whole cruise so we thought that it might be a good deal? Thanks so much, these boards are so helpful!:)

They do try to seat you with similar people but they are not perfect. On 14 cruises, I have never been seated with someone I did not enjoy conversation with and more. Meeting these new people has always been one of the highlights of the trip.

The bar coupons are work $5.75. Fruity Drinks will be about $8 plus tip. You will have to pay the difference.

Ah.. the drink coupons!

If you order a drink and it is more than $5.75, you will be responsible for the difference only - if they try to add another tip on top of the difference, let them know that the tip is already included.

As for the dining question, you will most likely be seated with people close to your age. But don't be surprised if you are seated with people that are much older than you.

Regardless, enjoy the cruise and welcome to Carnival!

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the previous posters. I've sat with a maitre d while he was doing his dining for an upcoming sailing. He only had names and cabin numbers and a list of those who were linked together. He didn't have the ages anywhere on his list.

Archived