Alaska Cruisetour #12 on Radance of the Seas

• 1 month later...

This past week we booked our 2nd cruise to Alaska with my sisters and can't wait. This trip we hope to see the bears that were apparently on holiday when we were there before.

Looking forward to a year of anticipation and building excitement!

Linda & Don

In Anchorage, RCI usually uses the Marriott Downtown Anchorage which is a typical Marriott high rise hotel within walking distance of some of the city's great restaurants. We were blown away by the scenery at the Talkeetna Alaska Lodge, even though Denali was not viewable during our stay there (it had been quite visible the preceding week and a friend posted some great photos taken from the Lodge when she was there. Service was a problem (perhaps this year they finally will get it right:rolleyes:) at the Grande Denali Lodge, but the location high above the highway is spectacular and the Tundra Wilderness Tour was excellent. RCI and Celebrity use the same rail cars which are located ahead of the cars belonging to the other cruise lines and they are extremely comfortable, offer great views of the scenery along the route and serve good food in the restaurant on the lower level of the cars. If you can upgrade to the Alaska railroad from Anchorage to Seward, I strongly urge you to do so. When we were on our tour we were offered the upgrade for $25 per person and it was worth every penny and more.

• 1 month later...
floridajourneygirl ~~ We are booked for cruisetour #12 and will be leaving in less than two months. I am planning on posting a review after we return. I have found that there are not a lot of cruisetour reviews and information is sketchy when planning. This will be our first trip to the interior of Alaska and when we booked a year ago, I thought a cruisetour would be more relaxing for hubby .... not having to drive, fuss with luggage .... and we have found in the past that with guided tours you learn much more about the places you visit and the sights you are enjoying. Having said that, since I booked and have done tons of research, I will probably book our own land tour when we are lucky enough to return to Alaska in the future. This trip will be very relaxing and easy for us and I am sure we will enjoy it and the glimpse of the interior of Alaska.

msvacation just wondering how your cruisetour vacation went?

Any infor you can give would be helpful! :-)

Archived