Cave Tubing next week

damgi

I have read every possible thread regarding the Cabe Tubing experience, but still have a couple of specific questions.

1) Would it be feasible for me to bring a disposable flash camera (maybe in a plastic baggy) and keep it from getting wet? I have not found an underwater camera with a flash. I really want to get some good pictures inside the caves.

Any pointers on getting some good shots will be appreciated.

2) Is the trip so long that our group will be ravenous?? If we eat breakfast on the ship around 8, but don't get to lunch until 2 (based on a 5 hour trip starting at 9) I am concerned some in my group will be cranky. :( Any suggestions??

Thank you all and I will report back when I return.

PS we are using wet n wild and lunch is included

I just got back and I will try to answer your questions. First of all with the camera, you could put it in a bag and bring it. Inside the cave the water has gotten pretty low, so there are numerous places where you can stand and walk. At these points I think you would be able to take a picture or two. As for the food, I think people will be hungry. It's about an hours drive and then you are on the water for a few hours and this allways seems to make people hungry. We ate the food at the BBQ at the cave tubing site and it was great! It's only $5 and you get chicken, bread, rice, cole-slaw, fruit, and a cake. We had no problems with it, and we all shared it on the way back. Hope this helps, and have fun

With Wet n Wild, your meal is included in the price of the tour. What we did, was almost immediately upon loading into the van, Charlie took us to a gas station to use the facilities and to buy snacks for the drive. Honestly, these guys are so nice, just ask if you can stop and grab some snacks. I'm sure they would be happy to make the quick stop if they weren't already planning to stop anyway.

Archived