I am having such bad withdrawls..I think I am sick!

Hello All,

Since I have got off the Mariner I cant stop thinking about cruises. I have been online looking at this board atleast 30 times a day since I have been home. My parents are on the Millenium right now and I cant stop looking at the bridge cam....IS SOMETHING wrong with me????? Do I need help???? Does anyone else suffer from this????

Tim

I can totally relate. Since disembarking last September from the LOS I have had PCDS (post cruise depression syndrome) and it does not seem to be going away. I guess I will have to deal with it until August 2006 when we board the FOS.

I can assure you that you are NOT sick.

You suffer from an incurable obsession - CRUISING!

Take 3 deep breaths......exhale and repeat after me.....

I will enroll in the 12 step program for obsessed cruisers

Step 1 - Turn on the computer

Step 2 - Go to www.cruisecritic.com

Step 3 - Read everything humanly possible about cruising, cabin selection etc

Step 4 - Decide which sailing you want, and which ship class

Step 5 - Pick up the phone and call your local travel agent or RCI directly

Step 6 - Put that cabin on hold! You can always cancel or change the reservation later

Step 7 - Scrutinize the deck plan, second guess yourself about your cabin choice

Step 8 - Reassure yourself that it's a good cabin because everyone on CC says so :D

Step 9 - Investigate the ports and make excursion reservations

Step 10 - Wait anxiously by the mail box for your cruise documents to arrive

Step 11 - DO THE DOC DANCE when they do! ;)

Step 12 - Arrive 3 hours early on cruise day - you don't want to miss a thing!

HAPPY CRUISING!

There is nothing wrong with you! :p

We booked seven cruises last year and 8 for this year and I'm working on booking two for next year if Royal comes out with 06 shedule, if not in the next month, then on to HAL or Celebrity.(hush my mouth)..That is true addiction. :)

ckrobyn... you stole my avatar!!! LOL

Hi... my name's Dave ... ("HI DAVE") ... and I'm a cruise addict.

You just noticed that I stole your avatar? :eek:

I LOVED Shrek 2....do you mind if I keep it??? :o

We booked seven cruises last year and 8 for this year and I'm working on booking two for next year if Royal comes out with 06 shedule, if not in the next month, then on to HAL or Celebrity.(hush my mouth)..That is true addiction. :)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to go on 7 cruises in one year!!!! Have a great time on the 8 that you have scheduled for this year so far!!! I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!! :D

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to go on 7 cruises in one year!!!! Have a great time on the 8 that you have scheduled for this year so far!!! I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!! :D

Don't be...After my 31 years active Air Force, I made a promise to my wife, we would travel and take the kids and grandkids to see some of the world. So thats what we are doing.. Just booked Hawaii and looking to the British Isles next year. We were teaching school in London for 8 years and after moving to Spain for three years, we really miss England and all the friends we left behind. So off we go next year, back to the U.K. Your handle seems familiar from somewhere on the threads I've read.. Maybe it will come to me.. Again, thanks for the good wishes...rick :)

Tim,

It's true....

The ONLY way to ease the depression is to book another cruise.

It's hopeless without another booked cruise. Pictures don't help....video's don't help...cruise critic doesn't help......you MUST book another cruise.

It doesn't matter if the cruise is next month or next year. Just book another cruise.

Of coarse, if you NEVER want to feel after cruise depression....book a cruise while you are on your cruise!

Remember Tim...as long as you have a countdown going, you will beat after cruise depression.

Repeat after me: "I will be sailing in: 321 days, 4 hours, 31 minutes, and 12 seconds"

LarryF

HI!! I'm Valerie, and I too am an addict. I've been off my cruise for 8 days. I need to book again, hopefully by the end of the month for next April...UUGGHHH!! I don't think I can wait that long, but my budget says I have too.:D

It's so nice to know that I'm not alone.

ckrobyn- I'm going to try your 12 step program:D . I think it will work wonders.

Hmmm is this why you instant messaged me asking if I had any cruises planned?? Do you want to countdown my cruises on your computer?? hehe. Honey....I know you too well...when you are in this kind of mood...you will book yourself on something. Just go to our favorite cruise website and find one. hehe.

Talk to you soon!!!

Traci:)

Archived