epic aft facing balcony question

brookslynn

ok so I know on the jewel class ships deck 10 aft facing balcony's are awesome. but only deck 10 on these jewel class ships is the one with the extended big balcony with loungers. my question is do they have aft facing balcony's that are larger like these on the epic? anyone find the balcony's are a little larger on a certain deck than others on the epic? or is this only on jewel class ships. I want to book a aft facing balcony on the epic but want the larger balcony with loungers.

We had cabin 11314 on the Epic, and it was definitely large enough for 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and the small table that they give you. Also, this was a corner room and definitely quite! I would not go "up" any further than this though. You could faintly hear the music from the White Hot Party - it must've been really loud for decks above us though!

We had cabin 11314 on the Epic, and it was definitely large enough for 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and the small table that they give you. Also, this was a corner room and definitely quite! I would not go "up" any further than this though. You could faintly hear the music from the White Hot Party - it must've been really loud for decks above us though!

we were in a corner aft on deck 13, and we only heard a little of the party...did not bother me a bit...the spa was above us and acted as a nice buffer...and really if the party sounds that rocking fun from your room, why not just go up and join the party:).

The back of the Epic seems very straight up and down, unlike other ships. some compare it to the side of an apartment building:rolleyes:. I think the aft balconies are similar among the decks.

We had corner aft balcony 10318 back in December. It was more than spacious enough to accomodate two loungers and a table but we stuck with the supplied chairs. We got to know our neighbors fairly well, younger couple like us from Iowa, just over the river from Nebraska...small world! Their balcony did seem only very slightly smaller as it was not a corner balcony like ours was...though there were four people on it as opposed to two so take that with a grain of salt.

As for noise, absolutely none from above on deck 10. The beautiful symphony that is the wake of the ship more than masks any other ambient noise.

We were in 10318 - corner stern on deck 10. We requested a lounger and steward brought it for us - we helped him carry it through the room and tipped him $20 on the spot. Balcony is big enough for two loungers as well as the two chairs and table it comes with but we only asked for one lounger.

Hopefully they haven't marked the "secret stairs" next to this stateroom as crew only. I loved the large cutouts in there and if I wanted a port view versus our aft view would pop next door.

Coming into port in Miami there was considerable vibration which served as my early morning wake up call. Made a cup of coffee and sat on the balcony through the whole turn around and dock process. Larry slept through it :) We'd happily book this stateroom again.

We were in 10318 - corner stern on deck 10. We requested a lounger and steward brought it for us - we helped him carry it through the room and tipped him $20 on the spot. Balcony is big enough for two loungers as well as the two chairs and table it comes with but we only asked for one lounger.

Hopefully they haven't marked the "secret stairs" next to this stateroom as crew only. I loved the large cutouts in there and if I wanted a port view versus our aft view would pop next door.

Coming into port in Miami there was considerable vibration which served as my early morning wake up call. Made a cup of coffee and sat on the balcony through the whole turn around and dock process. Larry slept through it :) We'd happily book this stateroom again.

No - they aren't marked crew only. In fact, we used them to go to muster. The corner aft balcony cabin is the way to go! Again, I wouldn't go higher than deck 11 - you could hear the music from spice - barely - and only on white hot party night. I believe that party went until 2am - ish, if I am remembering correctly. It's not our scene, so we didn't hang around for it.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an aft facing balcony on the Gem and loved it. So, we booked a corner aft on the Epic. We are on deck 11. But this cabin has the bed closer to the door. We would prefer to have the bed closer to to balcony. So my question is should we move down to deck 9 which has a corner cabin with bed near the balcony or stay on the higher deck? Or, since some of the prices for mini suites have dropped, we can get a mini on deck 10 for the same price as the aft or a large balcony on deck 12 with bed close to the balcony. I have read lots of reviews so my head is swimming. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All of these are excellent choices, and the "right" room depends totally on what's important to you.

I don't consider the bed location to be a big deal, and I prefer higher rooms, so I'd stay where you are. But that's just me. I've also not ever sailed in an aft cabin, and I don't know how important that is versus something mid-ship. I also don't know how much you would enjoy the extra 4-5 feet of room length of a mini.

When in doubt, go with your instincts. I'm hearing aft on 11 with a huge balcony. :)

I came back from the epic wednesday,I was in aft deck 13 room 13249 and didnt hear an ounce of noise from anywhere not even guests at night passing through and yes I was wide awake at night but only because I couldnt adjust to the vibrations of the boat moving!

Archived