Kindle, Nook, other, neither?

I love my Nook Color. It is perfect for what I need/want. I use it mainly for reading - often in bed at night when my husband is sleeping, I rarely use the web browser on it since I prefer my iPhone for that.

I wasn't sure which one I wanted until I got my hands on them. Playing with one in the store is the best way to figure out which one you want.

The Nook Tablet looks pretty nice. Books, movies, music, apps and more. Better tech specs than the Kindle Fire.

That being said...I recently bought the Google Nexus 7 16Gig tablet for $249. Awesome tablet. Loaded the Nook and Kindle apps so I can buy from whichever retailer has the best deal plus get everything else. I like it better than my iPad.

Not so good for reading in bright light, but I still have my original 3G Nook for that.

I plan on getting a Google Nexus 7 prior to my november cruise. It's the same size/price as the comparable Nook/Kindle, but you aren't restricted to the B&N/Amazon markets, but rather have access to the entire Android market. Just get your e-reader app of choice and start reading.

Go ahead and get it, you won't be disappointed.

I have a Nook and love it because have some eye issues - require a lot of light to read and the back light results in less eye strain for me - also can make the type as big as I need. Had mine for about a year now and love it.Have read about 50 books on it. Have several games and apps on mine Can travel with it and check my email, etc. and I do have a smartphone but would never read on it.

I'm thinking about getting one of those tablets a lot of people have on which you can read books and newpapers and play games. Some people like the Kindle and others the Nook, and my stepmother has something similar but isn't either. Is it reasonable to believe I can buy one of these devises for about 200.00 that I can use for reading and playing Scrabble? What else can you do with it?

Our friend took her kendle fire on our last cruise, she loved it. Me I want to get away from technology. :confused:

I have a Fire, and my husband has a Nexus 7. The N7 kicks the Fire's a$$ for the same price. That said, I still take my old Kindle reader for reading on deck or at the beach. It is easier to read in the sun, and if I lose it, a replacement is cheaper than a tablet.

I just got a Kindle Fire in July and I LOVE it!!! Its so much easier for me to upload the books and read them than trying to go to the book store or library to get the books. I play games and surf the net on it! Havent tried it in the sun yet so I cant say how it is with that but for what I need it for it is great!

hi everyone. i just wanted too give an update on my '' reading object '' delema. financies dictate that i cant get the fire or expensive nook, but i did get a kindle 3 ink from a neighbor really cheap ( she upgraded ). it even has a cute case she threw in. i know i am going too love it since i just want too read and be able too download great books and things easy and fast. thanks for all the help. :)

• 2 weeks later...
The Nook Tablet looks pretty nice. Books, movies, music, apps and more. Better tech specs than the Kindle Fire.

That being said...I recently bought the Google Nexus 7 16Gig tablet for $249. Awesome tablet. Loaded the Nook and Kindle apps so I can buy from whichever retailer has the best deal plus get everything else. I like it better than my iPad.

Not so good for reading in bright light, but I still have my original 3G Nook for that.

I was all set to buy the Nexus 7, until I saw/read/heard about Ipad Mini. Think I will wait until they release more info next month.

Gotta love technology :)

Archived