Live from Independence!

I do hope you bought the wifi package !!!!! I got a £105 phone bill from accessing the Internet!!! I won't be doing that again in June when I'm back on!! Hope you have a great time....she is such a lovely ship

No Starbucks. Ship in great condition. They seem to be always working on it. Yesterday a tiny patch on jogging track looked worn. Last nite from olive or twist we watched workers fixing it. The carpets in the stateroom corridors look old though but nothing that would bother you. I have never ever slept so well as I have on here

It's so quiet and peaceful also. When I read the reviews I was expecting queues for lifts etc. but nothing. May e time of year but the ship is fully booked

Staff are brilliant. Last nite was hilarious some us and staff singing stupid songs at top of our voice in schooner bar at 1am.

We have met so many fantastic people and families On board. We haven't stopped laughing in days!

My top tip would be to share tables whenever you get chance. Yes we have met some idiots. But the nice people outweigh them lots.

First 2 days seas was a little rough and we was in bad fog for ages. But when it started to clear we has a couple of sightings of whales and dolphins

Will keep posting over the next few days now I have found my feet

Forgive any typos. Using iPhone

The wireless is crap btw i am using orange bundle £3 a day for 30mb

No Starbucks. Ship in great condition. They seem to be always working on it. Yesterday a tiny patch on jogging track looked worn. Last nite from olive or twist we watched workers fixing it. The carpets in the stateroom corridors look old though but nothing that would bother you. I have never ever slept so well as I have on here

It's so quiet and peaceful also. When I read the reviews I was expecting queues for lifts etc. but nothing. May e time of year but the ship is fully booked

Staff are brilliant. Last nite was hilarious some us and staff singing stupid songs at top of our voice in schooner bar at 1am.

We have met so many fantastic people and families On board. We haven't stopped laughing in days!

My top tip would be to share tables whenever you get chance. Yes we have met some idiots. But the nice people outweigh them lots.

First 2 days seas was a little rough and we was in bad fog for ages. But when it started to clear we has a couple of sightings of whales and dolphins

Will keep posting over the next few days now I have found my feet

Forgive any typos. Using iPhone

The wireless is crap btw i am using orange bundle £3 a day for 30mb

Is there not any free wifi in the port? Usually you can pick it up if you sit on deck 4 on the side of the ship near the dock.

Also, are the shows still the same onboard? Two years ago there was 'Once Upon A Time' and 'Under the Big Top' in the theatre, and 'Strings' and 'Freeze Frame' for the ice shows.

Hi there

As you are on the ship please could you tell us

PAYG versus package

And is the rumour true that there are no prices on the cocktail menu

drinks price list would also be appreciated

Trying to budget for October cruise

regards

Damon

We have gone premium package. Well worth it. Pretty much all spirits inc premium and we have had loads of cocktails and not been charged. Also lots of house champagne. I drink a lot so it's worth it for me. But. You both have to have so if your oh don't drink it's a pain. However I know 2 couples who have argued the point and been able to have 1 soda 1 premium. Also been told you can brink doctors note to say you don't drink and they let one person have it

They are strict though. Drink has to be for you. Your picture flashes up on their display when you get one so you can't use someone else's card. You can go bar on your own though with 2 cards and get 2 drinks

Also you have to have finished your drink before you can have another

All the rumours about slowing down serving you and smaller measures when you have had soapy drinks is nonsense. I drank yesterday all day and nite. Bit of a bender and service and measures where all. Spot on even at 2

Am

Nomad our first cruise also. My top tip is don't spend weeks planning your says before you board. As I did. As they soon go out the window. Just relax and go with the flow. One more tip if you are not that bothered about the port stay on ship it's brill! Take advantage of room service food. It's free and good and I often use it instead of windjammer

If you don't mind paying pack light and un ironed stuff and get your cabin steward to send it off and get it pressed! Brilliant!

Get to Southampton early. We got there 11 and where inboard stress free in about 40 mins.

Olive or twist my best bar. We where whale watching there the other day

Sorrentos pizza is the only food I not a fan of. Not terrible but I won't go again. Very bland pizza and food

You must must must do Jonny rockets! Brilliant. And our little girl loved it!

Portofino last night. I like fine food and that was the best in a Lin long time!

And as I have already said. Share a table meet people. Our cruise has been fan but made even better by all the friends we have made in 5 days

d5cde1f9-cbb9-7e75.jpgd5cde1f9-cbce-3186.jpg

Are they as strict about bottle water? I had the drinks package several times on Celebrity and every evening as I headed back to the cabin I would pick up 2 1 litre bottles of water. Bartender would see me coming and automatically get them ready for me. And this was using one card only. Never seemed to be limited to one order at a time. Didn't do it with alcohol so I don't know if that would have made a difference (or course alcohol would not be 2 litres at a time ;)).

Were still debating the drinks package !! Last bill was 2010 dollars for 11 nights . Rang the TA today to check if we can do it as dad can't drink much as he has brain damage .. I only want the basic package as I don't do spirits but mum does so she wants the premium .

Hi and glad to hear you are having a great time on The Indy, shes my favourite ship so far :)

Can I ask a quick question please.......If I go for the lower priced package (beer & wine), would that include the House Champagne?

Many thanks

Angie X

Hi and glad to hear you are having a great time on The Indy, shes my favourite ship so far :)

Can I ask a quick question please.......If I go for the lower priced package (beer & wine), would that include the House Champagne?

Many thanks

Angie X

Hi from past cruises the low end drinks package would not include the champagne !

The way to check it out is when you board they will be standing in that area with all the packages on offer .

Including drinks packages and what is and not included? Seeing as you can only book the alcohol packages once you are on the ship

With RCCL anyway this is best way for you to check it out ? Hope this helps as this is what I am doing in two weeks when I set foot on the indi,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi from past cruises the low end drinks package would not include the champagne !

The way to check it out is when you board they will be standing in that area with all the packages on offer .

Including drinks packages and what is and not included? Seeing as you can only book the alcohol packages once you are on the ship

With RCCL anyway this is best way for you to check it out ? Hope this helps as this is what I am doing in two weeks when I set foot on the indi,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi fazer59

When we were on The Indy in October last year (when there were three packages), we brought the middle package and house champagne was included.

Probably to much to hope that it is now included in the lower priced one! :(

Archived