More Questions From a Newbie

Tina0922

Been reading the DCL Tip Thread and people mentioned the following I have questions on:

1- Do the kid's check in the terminal instead of the ship. I already registered my nephews on line so do I still need to do it again at the terminal or on the ship?

2- There was a mention of 'theme nights'.... What are they and what is needed so we don't feel 'out of place' or have to spend a fortune on the boys that want to fit in?

3- Photo package deals you can pre-buy, Is it really a discount buying ahead of time or should we just worry about it onboard?

Thanks for any help or sugestions! Telling the boys Sunday that they are going & I'm getting really excitied that it is coming soon but don't want to be disappointed if we are not 'ready' for something onboard0! :)

Tina

Been reading the DCL Tip Thread and people mentioned the following I have questions on:

1- Do the kid's check in the terminal instead of the ship. I already registered my nephews on line so do I still need to do it again at the terminal or on the ship?

2- There was a mention of 'theme nights'.... What are they and what is needed so we don't feel 'out of place' or have to spend a fortune on the boys that want to fit in?

3- Photo package deals you can pre-buy, Is it really a discount buying ahead of time or should we just worry about it onboard?

Thanks for any help or sugestions! Telling the boys Sunday that they are going & I'm getting really excitied that it is coming soon but don't want to be disappointed if we are not 'ready' for something onboard0! :)

Tina

Even though you checked the kids in on line you still need to go to the check in table in the terminal to get their bracelets that ID them.

As far as I know Pirate night is still the main themed night. Bring pirate costumes or clothing you can fix up yourself to look like pirate attire to wear to dinner that evening and keep wearing until after the pirate deck party.

It doesnt have to be fancy or expensive. I got old ragged clothes at the thrift store and ripped them a bit more, got a strip of leather to go around the waist and a palstic skull head I super glued to the front of the leather (vinyl actually) then got a red bandana for $1 at the dollar store to wrap around the head or even the arm. Found boots on clearance that I can still wear. I also got Mickey pirate ears one year. Old bulky beads at the thrift store work great too. Eye patches only cost about $1.50 at the party store. One time I got an old layered skirt which I tore up the hem in many places to look tattered and torn. Also an old vest with no buttons. Just what ever you want will work fine.

I always wait and buy the photo package on board to make sure I really want it. On board there were great about upgrading or even down grading my package to fit my needs and to my advantage money wise for how many photos I actually bought by the end of the trip. The crew members in Shutters are really nice and helpful. Its really easy to buy once on board to fit what you need.

Archived