The Traveling Rudolph's Review the Zuiderdam

cathryn58

First the pod was great, 25 minutes $25. It was warm vibrating, aroma with soothing music.

10 Days until you are married. WOW! I wish there were a way we could come to join you... Dan could lend Steve his watch and some black socks and I could help with your makeup... Well maybe that isn't such a good idea. But we will be there in spirit. Thinking of you and how beautiful each of you will be; even without our (disastrous, no doubt) help.

The weather here is still cruddy. We got 4" of snow yesterday. But today it is melting. We went to a Giants game in SF on Friday night. The weather on our return on Mother's day was AWFUL. Blizzard over the summit. But I was able to visit with my Mother. We gave her (copies) of the portraits we had done on the ship. The renewal one and also the family one of us all in our tie-dye blue outfits. They turned out so nice. Especially the renewal one with my fantastic eyelashes. All of my friends here were amazed at what you were able to do. Sherri, Thanks so much!

Edwin, I have a handsome picture of the two of us to share with you. Jo, I now see red hats peeking at me from every window and magazine. I have not given up the idea of starting a chapter here in snowy Truckee, CA.

Lin I also have a shot of us at our memorable dinner at the Pinnacle Grill.

As I return to the realities of life after our cruise, I have the extraordinary memories that we all created together.

Our initial meeting where we got to figure out whose screen name fit whom, The snorkeling with the Rays, The Turquoise cabana on Half Moon Cay, Our (wonderfully excessive) parties with James Deering and Captain Scott (Lemondrop anyone?), The Suite meetings with new friends (gotta love that Champagne) , The on-deck St Thomas Sail away party, The ROV ceremony that all of our new friends shared with us! The Chocolate Extravaganza! Pulling into Nassau, Meeting up in the Lido for lunch or breakfast or whatever meal it was. And the sad farewell.... But you all live in our hearts and minds and with luck (can I win that lottery?) we can get together again. Keep us informed of all plans and eventually (maybe sooner) we will all be together again.

Holly's prom went well! She was gorgeous!

I want to hear all about the wedding and what everyone is doing, how do we do that?

Back to work.... Thinking of all of you... Warm thoughts (I have to keep warm)

I remember how exciting and fun it was when we got married. I hope you have a wonderful day! We used to live in Dallas and tried to get to Hot Springs at least twice a year - stayed at the Arlington or Majestic, so the spa stuff was handy. I have heard they have some nice B&B's. I always liked to watch the seniors dance and we would have missed seeing that if we were in a B&B. I miss it since we moved here; it's hard to get there from here! Great golfing and the horse races, too, but we never did either of those, LOL!!! There is a good German restaurant that we liked, too. It's just an all-around beautiful and relaxing place!

You are about to see a lot more of "our" state than I have. We haven't seen anything other than what is within a couple of hours of here. Never been to Brec, Aspen, etc., or to many places in the Parks. DH runs regularly in the mountains, but I've never been to most of the places where he runs. Funny how when you live someplace it seems like you only play tour guide when you have visitors and often don't see the sights on your own, isn't it? Garden of the Gods here is very scenic and right by downtown. If you've been here before, you've probably already seen it. I have a friend who hikes there almost 7 days a week for exercise. I like the Royal Gorge down in Canon City. We have land in Penrose which is in the same area; there's a pretty place called Beaver Creek and it is surrounded by BLM, National Forest and State wildlife areas. There's a sign at the turn-off for Red Rocks at Beaver Creek; that is the road to the creek. Lots of animals around there. Bear, mountain lion, deer, etc. and more birds than I think I've ever seen! There is a wolf rescue and education facility in Florissant where I used to volunteer.We had a guy who came in a few years ago and put a camera on one of the wolves for a wolf's perspective. It was very cool! That's a gorgeous area - lots of bear, elk and deer.

Have a great trip! We leave on Zui on the 21st, but I will be thinking of ya'll. Sounds crazy, but I will likely be a bit envious of you being in Hot Springs even though we will be starting a cruise! Good memories :) Thanks for reminding me!

Scrumpy:

Thanks for the well wishes. We are getting excited now, it is only 10 days away now! I can't believe you are familiar with Hot Springs! Isn't it great? We love that place and hope to move there in the near future, it is golf heaven there you know! Now this is the kicker, we are honeymooning in COLORADO!!! We are going to the Sand Dunes National park, Aspen, Rocky Mountain National park, and stop when we see a place we like. Steve is a professional photographer and is going to really enjoy the abundant photo opps. We will be camping also, which will be enjoyable. Still love cruzin and join us on our next cruise Oct. 2, 2005 on the Conquest out of New Orleans. :)

Scrumpy, if you have never been on the Zuiderdam you will love it, a beautiful ship that seems less crowded than most and great service from each department. And if you are as lucky to have fellow cc'ers as great as ours you will have the cruise of your life, we really had a great group that all bonded so well and you already know that by reading these boards, so we hope, we know you will love your cruise and thanks for thinking of us on that day, the 21st. Hope you can get back to Hot Springs sometime it gets better and better every year.:)

Cathy~~~ who could not love you and Dan? y'all are such silly wonderful people, friends now, and yes tell Dan to lend me his watch and socks and Sherri does need help with her make-up if that would get y'all here, but in your thoughts will do, thanks, and we will send pics. I wish all our new friends could be here and don't you know that if you do win the lottery we will all hold you to getting us together again on a reunion cruise. ;)

Cathy------------I have sent two emails to your home address but they come back as undeliverable---cannot connectwith your server ????? Screwy I think but maybe if you contact me at teatej@hotmail.com we can get straight.

Isn't it wonderful about the upcoming wedding? Would that we all could get to Little Rock and surprise them !!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be a hoot. I do miss everyone---------the friendships we made will always be special to us.

Give our regards to the girls and big hug to Dan. Love Jo

Archived