La Romana DR, Curacoa, Aruba HELP

debbie418

Looking for beach &/or tours for all 3 ports other than the ones Carnival offers. Anyone know of any? Also anyone know how to book the $25 tour with Samba- Irie tours on Curacoa?

We booked with Seavis in DR and Irie Tours in Curacao. I just googled the name and sent them an email and they were prompt to respond. All the reviews that I have read for these companies have been great. :D

Looking for beach &/or tours for all 3 ports other than the ones Carnival offers. Anyone know of any? Also anyone know how to book the $25 tour with Samba- Irie tours on Curacoa?

For what it's worth:

Grand Turk seems like a perfect Beach Day, maybe snorkel rental at the Cruise Center and maybe a walk to the local Bars for Jerk & Beer,

in La Romana we have the Santo Domingo Express tour booked in so as to see the countryside and walk thru Santo Domingo,

In Curacao we are doing self guided walking tour from mega Port to Kura Hulanda Hotel, the Ferry Terminal, Governor's Palace and Fort Amsterdam, Floating Market (maybe the Scharloo) and return. If we had the minimum 6 persons we might have booked Solimare (Treasure Island Tours). Probably a late "family-style" dinner at the Cuchina onboard ship that nite.

In Aruba we have "Bully" booked for 3 or 4 hour tour.

ken

For what it's worth:

Grand Turk seems like a perfect Beach Day, maybe snorkel rental at the Cruise Center and maybe a walk to the local Bars for Jerk & Beer,

in La Romana we have the Santo Domingo Express tour booked in so as to see the countryside and walk thru Santo Domingo,

In Curacao we are doing self guided walking tour from mega Port to Kura Hulanda Hotel, the Ferry Terminal, Governor's Palace and Fort Amsterdam, Floating Market (maybe the Scharloo) and return. If we had the minimum 6 persons we might have booked Solimare (Treasure Island Tours). Probably a late "family-style" dinner at the Cuchina onboard ship that nite.

In Aruba we have "Bully" booked for 3 or 4 hour tour.

ken

Do you know how good snorkeling would be right there as you said you could rent some snorkel equipment there? We have never snorkled but are planning on just going to the beach by where the boat docks and check out the stores.

For a tour in the DR, look up Terry's tours in a search engine. He is an American citizen living in the DR. He offers a large variety of tours. We did his ATV tour and had a teriffic time.

In Curacao, Irie had a bus waiting outside the shopping mall by the pier. They were taking walk up customers.

In Aruba, I wouldn't bother with a tour. There are 365 public beaches. Just hop on the public bus transportation and hop off at a beach. Buses run all the time. I would give yourself 1 hour to get back to the ship, just to make sure you make it on time. We purchased a day pass for $10 each at the amsterdam hotel. That got us use of a playpaya and towels.

Do you know how good snorkeling would be right there as you said you could rent some snorkel equipment there? We have never snorkled but are planning on just going to the beach by where the boat docks and check out the stores.

We're going on Breeze in January. We're there 7:00AM to 2:00PM - just planning a leisurely breakfast, let everyone off the ship, and hit the beach. When I researched this, the CruisePort people tell me "Snorkeling equipment are available for rent at the Beach Rental Hut centrally located on the beach. Snorkelers can explore several sunken Reef Balls that tend to attract fish, and a few 18th century cannons and anchors that are in submerged in front of the Beach Rental Hut at the cruise center.

ken

We're going on Breeze in January. We're there 7:00AM to 2:00PM - just planning a leisurely breakfast, let everyone off the ship, and hit the beach. When I researched this, the CruisePort people tell me "Snorkeling equipment are available for rent at the Beach Rental Hut centrally located on the beach. Snorkelers can explore several sunken Reef Balls that tend to attract fish, and a few 18th century cannons and anchors that are in submerged in front of the Beach Rental Hut at the cruise center.

ken

Cool :cool: thanks....the Valor is there the same timeframe, couldnt see paying for an excursion for that short amount of time but renting snorkel equipment sounds good to me :)

Archived