curfew times in overnight ports???

swelch

Just was wondering if Celebrity has curfews on Med. Cruise overnight ports such as Venice, Barcelona, Turkey. I'd love to be able to watch the nightlife for a while!! Thanks in advance for any info/advice!!!!

Just was wondering if Celebrity has curfews on Med. Cruise overnight ports such as Venice, Barcelona, Turkey. I'd love to be able to watch the nightlife for a while!! Thanks in advance for any info/advice!!!!

ehhhh, no. They are not your parents, security works all night long..

I can't imagine making a paying customer stand outside the ship because he comes back too late at night. I was on a cruise to Bermuda, and stayed overnight in Barbados and the gangplank was definitely open all the time.

thanks. I guess it is a stupid question, but nobody I talked to knew the answer. I guess security issues was what prompted the question. Particularly if the overnight port was the one in which the next day you disembark. Thanks. Watch out, Barcelona, here I come!!

Hi,

I am not sure about the ship but many hotels in Barcelona have, or had, a curfew. I stayed at the Ritz Hotel in March 2004 and had to leave word at the front desk to let my son in the hotel around 3 in the morning, as they locked the front door sometime during the night. The same with hotels in Madrid. Stayed at the Palace Hotel in March 2004 and they closed the Front door sometime during the night also. Granted this was a week to 2 weeks after the train bombings in Madrid and security was very tight everywhere in Madrid and Barcelona. Things may have eased up a bit since then.

Barcelona hotels do not have a curfew. In fact, if you go to Barcelona you will find that the "action" doesn't start until late. Dinner before 9:30PM is strictly tourist and most of the better restaurants aren't really set up for it. Bars and such don't get hopping until after midnight and go until 4-5AM; staying open that late mostly on weekends, holidays...and any other time partiers are present. It is a great city!

Glad to hear that there are no longer any curfews. Both Barcelona and Madrid, in fact everywhere I went in Spain, are very late action towns/cities. A great country to visit on a land vacation.

• 1 year later...

In fact, there weren't any curfews. But when we got off the ship the bus that takes you into town for Celebrity, anyway, stopped at 9:00 pm.!!!!! My group was too nervous to take a taxi back to the ship after 10:00. So this was my second time being on a cruise and having a port of call being Barcelona and STILL didn't get to really see it!!!!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!

I did walk up Las Ramblas, briefly, ordered a pitcher of Sangria and 5 tapas, and tried to pull myself out of my depression. It worked!! I bet Barcelona is great!!

Archived