Surprise now or day before?

Suzi4

Sail, Cheryl & Mary, Thank you all so much for your well wishes! God willing we’ll have an incredible time.

Jade13, This is my only niece, I do have 2 nephews. One of them loves to travel with me, I am blessed! The other nephew is 19 years old and way in love with his girlfriend. He wouldn’t leave town without her. Young love…

Kaklina, I will do my best to report back on our adventure!

Thanks again ;)

What joy!!!

What a pleasure to read such a happy post.

I cannot thank you enough for coming to back to share with us.

I had been wondering about how it went.

Sounds like it could not have gone better!!!

Have a Fabulous Time with your dear niece. :)

S7S said it better than I ever could......thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

Friends from out-of-town go to some counter (Customer Service?) on the Macy's Main floor just up some stairs on the south side (the 34th street side) and show out-of-state proof to get discount coupons. Since we don't qualify I never paid much attention to the what and where.

Canadian customers get a coupon for 11% at Macy's. It could be only 10% but 11 sticks in my mind as I remember thinking it was an odd amount. Macy's in Florida give this as well. You just have to show a passport or driver's licence at Customer Service.

First full thread I have read in awhile. I had to see how it turned out! I love the way you included the cruise in the daily planner you had created for the trip. Beautiful idea! I too love giving surprises, and may use this one on my 21-year-old daughter in the future. Both my daughter and I(like you and your niece) are planners, especially vacation planners, so this idea is perfect! Thank You!

Just a heads up! I've combed through this thread quickly and didn't see the age of the neice. If she is a minor the adult will need notorized documentation from the parents to take her out of the country. Easy enough if done in advance. I had to do this for our grandchildren. The customs people were most interested in this document of permission.

This sounds like a fairy tale come true. How wonderful for both aunt and neice! m--

What a wonderful surprise gift for your niece!

I agree with all the rest...tell her in advance so she can plan...having daughters (and granddaughters although they're too young yet), I know how they'd be...wanting to get their hair done, manicures & pedicures, time to pack just the right things....

My sister took our two girls to NYC for a weekend many, many years ago...they were very young (they're now 40 & 42!)...and they still talk about seeing Annie and Peter Pan on Broadway...all in one weekend...and having sundaes at Rumplemeyers at the Plaza.

Should have finished reading the thread before I posted...I'm so glad you told her...she sounds like a wonderful girl...and you sound like an awesome aunt...you will have a fabulous time! :D

Archived