OK...I remembered to buy the Moscato

susie8862

There was a thread a few weeks ago about Moscato wine. We are white wine drinkers and always drink Pinot Grigio. (not that we haven't tried others)

Well, I saw the thread a few weeks ago about the Moscato wine and half of you loved it and the other half hated it.

Finally remembered to buy it.

Well, I HATED IT and my husband LOVED IT. lol.....:eek:

Soooooo darn sweet...even sweeter than Reisling. Woke up this morning with a sugar headache. Lol.....

I love Moscato but ONLY when it is really hot outside and the wine is ice cold...perfect and refreshing on my patio with DH on a hot summer evening, too sweet any other time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I like some brands of moscato. Some are just too syrupy sweet. The one I like the best is Primo Amore, it is slightly bubbly, light, and I don't find it too sweet. I took a bottle to a work Christmas party, first bottle emptied, then I had to go buy a case to divy up among coworkers who liked it.

l think I will put a bottle in the fridge to chill. ;)

Try a Roscato. It's red and not quite as sweet but just as yummy. The first time we had Moscato was on our Disney cruise. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I like it. My DH thinks it's okay, but would rather have Beringers Zinfandel....I guess you can tell that we're not wine connoisseurs. :rolleyes:

Try a Roscato. It's red and not quite as sweet but just as yummy. The first time we had Moscato was on our Disney cruise. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I like it. My DH thinks it's okay, but would rather have Beringers Zinfandel....I guess you can tell that we're not wine connoisseurs. :rolleyes:

Do you know where to buy the Roscato? I had it once at Olive Garden, but cannot find it in the stores.

Moscato is a dessert wine. people that are ordering a bottle with dinner - wrong pairing. Most wine newbies prefer sweet wine with little or no tannins. as/if the palate progresses it will shift to less sweet whites With tannins like the Pinot Grigio then onto soft reds then full reds.

Moscato is a dessert wine. people that are ordering a bottle with dinner - wrong pairing. Most wine newbies prefer sweet wine with little or no tannins. as/if the palate progresses it will shift to less sweet whites With tannins like the Pinot Grigio then onto soft reds then full reds.

Omg...really????

Thank you...that explains the (yucky) sweetness.

I never even heard of this wine until recently.

Yuk.:p Not a sweet drink drinker here either. I prefer Chardonnay. I don't really care for DOD either due to the sweetness. I like Merlots and Cabs, but my dh can't handle the tannins in reds but will drink the Chard. right along with me.

Speaking of wines and pairings, I HIGHLY suggest doing the wine pairing event that some cruise ships have (at least the Liberty did last year). It was sooo informative and they have a real samalian leading it. It really helps you realize why certain wines go with certain types of foods. You get to pair various types with different foods. Best I recall, it wasn't expensive either. My dh didn't want to do it, but I did. Met some nice people too. :D

Do you know where to buy the Roscato? I had it once at Olive Garden, but cannot find it in the stores.

Not sure where you live, but I go to Total Wine which is in the Southeast and the Southwest. I was able to find a variety of both.

Moscato is a dessert wine. people that are ordering a bottle with dinner - wrong pairing.

Well, I also wear white shoes after Labor Day. What can I say, if I like something, I like something....right or wrong.:p

I am one who absolutely LOVES Moscato! Really good stuff. :D

if i drink wine at any time on the ship it is moscato. i love the stuff and stick with it. if it is my money buying wine i will get what i like.

now if you really like sweet wine get some ice wine in canada. i picked some up in vancouver. now that is really sweet but i like it too.

LOL...never again for me. Back to my Pinot Grigio:eek:

i have too admit i am very limited on my wine pallet. i need too go too the wine tasting on the ship so i can find out if i like a more variety of wines. i have just always stuck too zin then moscoto or the ice wine. a sweeter blush is ok once in awhile

If drinking moscato with dinner is wrong...I don't wanna be right!!! :P Doubt I'll ever graduate from "newbie"then since moscato is, was, and has always been the *only* wine I drink. Enjoy your tannins! ;)

If drinking moscato with dinner is wrong...I don't wanna be right!!! :P Doubt I'll ever graduate from "newbie"then since moscato is, was, and has always been the *only* wine I drink. Enjoy your tannins! ;)

That is sad, there are soooo many other good wines. You should try a few. To only drink one varietal is like saying. "I've only had sex in one position. Try Tannins, they are good.

That is sad, there are soooo many other good wines. You should try a few. To only drink one varietal is like saying. "I've only had sex in one position. Try Tannins, they are good.

I've tried lots of different wines - cheap to expensive, white to red...I don't like anything else. *shrugs* I also dislike beer etc...and I've had a lot of varieties of those too.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about Moscato wine. We are white wine drinkers and always drink Pinot Grigio. (not that we haven't tried others)

Well, I saw the thread a few weeks ago about the Moscato wine and half of you loved it and the other half hated it.

Finally remembered to buy it.

Well, I HATED IT and my husband LOVED IT. lol.....:eek:

Soooooo darn sweet...even sweeter than Reisling. Woke up this morning with a sugar headache. Lol.....

Too sweet for me. I decided to buy a bottle and try it a couple of weeks ago and had to throw it out. :mad:

Im with you OP, hate Moscato. Way too sweet for me. My girlfriend, on the other hand, loves it. BUT she also prefers Wild Vines or Arbor Mist. BLECH!!!!

Can't take the Arbor Mist either. I like my Chardonnay!

Archived