who.s going on thomson dream on sat 9th june

As this is my husband and i first cruise we would be grateful for any tips for dressing,trips ect. we are doing western med:confused:

Hi Happy Travller and welcome to CC! You will be boarding Dream just as we are leaving.

We are taking my husband's dinner suit and me some evening trousers with a sparkly top for the formal night and then just smart casual for the other nights as we shall be using the dining room for our evening meal. I believe even more casual clothes are acceptable in the buffet.

We always try to do our own thing at each of the ports of call as its much cheaper. However, if it becomes very involved and difficult to do that or if there is any chance that we'd not get back to the ship in time and be left standing on the dockside while the ship sails over the horizon :eek: then we would book the ship's excursions.

If you click on Ports at the top of the page here, you can follow through and find lots of information about your ports of call as well as a member forum for each port with heaps of useful information. Also, if you list here your ports of call now, I am absolutely sure that everyone will be very willing to help in any way they can.

I am sure you will both love cruising. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

It is our first cruise also on the Dream but, friends & family have been many times . I do believe a nice dress or pants and smart blouse for the restaurant, sensible walking sandals ie karrimor or clarks for the day. I have different advice from all re day wear some wore shorts, capris , i intend to take summer light weight dresses with a cover up for shoulders and for when visiting churches. My cousin wore maxi dresses and knee length smart ones at night, that's pretty much what i intend to do. I believe the men are okay with shirt and trousers no tie, apart from the captains night. We have booked the Rome and Naples trip , one because of the distance from Rome and we want to see everything and Naples for safety reasons on advice. We have logged a roll call please join it , I dont think you can go very wrong whatever you take in the evenings so long as its smart

Really cant wait will be brill regards kk

Archived