Using the Lotus pool on Sea Princess in Aug

travellover3

Is the Lotus pool on the Sea Princess covered, and is the weather likely to be warm enough to use it in late August?

The Sea Princess doesn't have a Lotus Pool. Maybe you are thinking of the aft pool that is outside the Lotus Spa. That pool has an awning over it...

Here's a picture, courtesy of Princess.

4903175266_01a28ba4de_z.jpg

Sea Princess by RickEk, on Flickr

Yeah Sea Princess doesn't really have an indoor pool, just the tiny aft pool with a cover over it, no walls or anything around it. Go put your foot into the main pool - you may be surprised at the temperature of it. On a recent cruise on the Dawn (sister ship) the pool was only a few degrees colder than the spa - it was truly like a bath :)

Thanks for the information. You can see that I've only been on the larger ships. Our cruise is 8/21-8/31. On my last trip to Alaska on the Coral, around the same time, it was mostly stormy and the pools were closed more often than not. Guess we'll have to take it day by day. The only way I can get DH to go on a cruise, is to promote the idea that he can be in a pool all day. Boy what he is missing!

Archived