Lobster Tacos

student again

I am looking for lobster taco ideas in both Cabo andPV. We will be sailing on the Splendor June 24th and I love trying different taco places. If not lobster tacos any taco ideas would be appreciated.

The lobster served in Cabo and Vallarta is from the waters off Mazatlan. It will be available in Cabo & Vallarta but isn't a specialty.

You can get tacos just about anywhere. I have seen lobster (langosta) tacos at a few of the eateries along Los Muertos Beach (Vallarta's Southside). El Dorado Restaurant, south of the public pier, thru Burros Bar near the Cuale River.

This site gives a snap shot overview of places along the Malecon South extension. http://www.dallasrestaurantreviews.net/PuertoVallarta.html

For a list of the street taco stands - http://www.vallartainfo.com/streetfood.html

Each city has a specialty fish item based on the local catch. Vallarta has some great fish tacos. Lobster is less common.

Enjoy!!

I'm not sure if they still serve them, but I remember they used to be on the menu at Daquiri Dick's in PV.....and they were yummy.....maybe you can check the menu online.

If they don't have them, they still have a great menu.

The lobsters in Cabo are plentiful, but keep in mind that they are rock lobsters, not the huge Maine Lobsters you may be used to.

They are still good, plentiful, and cheap, but not the same.

In Cabo, you can get a lobster dinner for under $20US.

We like either "The Sleepless Lobster", or "Moros"...they are side by side on Hildalgo street, a very easy walk from the cruise docks.

Just about any restaurant in Cabo will offer lobsters, but those places that are off the Marina tend to be cheaper.

The best tacos in Cabo (in my opinion) are Gordo LeLe's and Taco Loco.

Taco Loco is easy to find, just walk down Marina Street until you find the Giggling Marlin, and Taco Loco is just across the street from them. While you're there, try Rip's, our favorite bar in Cabo. You can drink at Rip's and order Tacos from Taco Loco!

Be bold, you can walk nearly anywhere in Cabo safely. We take our kids and grandkids down every year, and have never felt the slightest concern for our safety, other than the uneven sidewalks!

Archived